FORUMS

Introducing Voices of XDA: Have Your Ideas Heard

By far the greatest assets we have at XDA-Developers are you, the developers, the eager … more

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more

YotaPhone 2 Pre-Order, Xperia Z1 Price Cut – XDA TV

Android Wear 5.1.1 OTA downloads are now available. That and much more news is … more

[FTF] Sony Xperia Z Lollipop Release

Sony rolled out a Lollipop update for Xperia Z just yesterday. If you still haven’t gotten … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[MOD] HTC Car Mode Xposed! (Version 2.3) [Lollipop Compatible!]

Announcement from Ambious: Additional settings and hacks for the HTC Sense 6.0 Car App!
20th May 2015, 12:39 PM |#231  
Ambious's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Haifa
Thanks Meter: 456
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unionjackstar

Hello,

i've got a HTC One X running XenonHD Rom (Android 5.1.1) and managed to download the HTC Car mode App from a third Party Website (apkmirror). The App has Bern installed without problem, also your xposed module decteted the app. But i'm not able to open the App.

Anyone a solution?

The module is currently suffering from some problems I don't have time to fix until at least the weekend or later.
Anyway, what you're describing is an extreme case I'm not would work even without the mod.
The car app relies heavily on the HTC Sense framework, so installing it on a non-sense ROM would most likely not work.
 
 
20th May 2015, 01:57 PM |#232  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambious

The module is currently suffering from some problems I don't have time to fix until at least the weekend or later.
Anyway, what you're describing is an extreme case I'm not would work even without the mod.
The car app relies heavily on the HTC Sense framework, so installing it on a non-sense ROM would most likely not work.

Hi,

thanks for your quick reply.

As addition to the XenonHD Rom i installed HTC Blinkfeed with it`s Service Pack (from XDA http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...-2015-t3049438), but i guess, this does not have anything to do with the HTC Sense framework, right?!

But beside this, keep up your good work. I love HTC Car on my original sense rom, can`t find any good replacement for it.
20th May 2015, 04:10 PM |#233  
Ambious's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Haifa
Thanks Meter: 456
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unionjackstar

Hi,

thanks for your quick reply.

As addition to the XenonHD Rom i installed HTC Blinkfeed with it`s Service Pack (from XDA http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...-2015-t3049438), but i guess, this does not have anything to do with the HTC Sense framework, right?!

But beside this, keep up your good work. I love HTC Car on my original sense rom, can`t find any good replacement for it.

Correct, the framework unfortunately is more than just blinkfeed, it has a lot a of system-wide receivers and functions the car app accesses.
If you want a great alternative (although not similar at all) to the HTC car app, I REALLY like AutoMate.
20th May 2015, 04:16 PM |#234  
:No-Frost:'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 309
 
More
Hi Mate,

Last version works quite good but I found that installing the latest version, disables the Home Long Press button or the Double Tap to see the open apps in the background.

I'm using Exposed 3.0 Beta 2 with Alpha 4 binaries on Android Revolution HD 91.1 Lollypop.

Regards
20th May 2015, 06:41 PM |#235  
Ambious's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Haifa
Thanks Meter: 456
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by :No-Frost:

Hi Mate,

Last version works quite good but I found that installing the latest version, disables the Home Long Press button or the Double Tap to see the open apps in the background.

I'm using Exposed 3.0 Beta 2 with Alpha 4 binaries on Android Revolution HD 91.1 Lollypop.

Regards

Yes, I've had other reports to that effect.
I still haven't had time to look into it thoroughly but once I do I'll take care of it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ambious For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
car app, htc, sense, xposed
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes