[MOD][4.4+] No Lock Home v0.5.3 (WiFi/BT/BTS Unlock) - S5 fingerprint compatible
No Lock Home is Xposed module for lockscreen bypass based on network connectivity - when you're home, connected to your trusted WiFi AP, lock screen will not be shown. Once you disconnect from your AP, your selected lockscreen will be displayed.
It's the very same principle as uses app SkipLock
(formerly Unlock With WiFi
). Why use No Lock Home instead
- Works with any unlock method (Swipe/Face Unlock/Pattern/PIN/Password/...) - including fingerprint reader on Samsung Galaxy S5 (stock ROM w/ TouchWiz)
- Easy to setup (compared to complexity of Tasker). No Lock home only requires you to enable module, reboot and add AP MAC address (using just two clicks)
- Unlock based on connected WiFi networks, Bluetooth devices or Cell towers
- No service, no wakelock, no internet connectivity - just a few method hookss within system keyguard
- Crazy small apk
- Using AOSP methods which are also available in Samsung/LG devices as well as CyanogenMod
No Lock Home is using only two hooks. One to disable lockscreen which is triggered once screen goes off (after testing various methods I came to same calls as mentioned here
). Other call is for re-locking when screen goes on and there's no trusted AP. EDIT: As of v0.5.0 it's little bit more than just that.
Lockscreen is displayed in trusted environment only when:
- First unlock after device boot (EDIT: No longer valid as of v0.5.0)
- Some times on first use in trusted environment after use outside of trusted environment (EDIT: No longer valid as of v0.5.0)
- Xposed required (therefore root required)
- Only for Android 4.4.x/KitKat
Possible future features include more interactive GUI etc. It all depends on feedback - whatever some one actually will use this app.
I'm focusing on the core functionality for now.
TIP: You can add more trusted AP MAC addresses (or BT/Cells) - just separate them with semicolon (;).
It has been tested on Android 4.4.2 - Samsung Galaxy S5 (stock), LG G Pad 8.3 (stock), Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000 (CyanogenMod). Since 0.5.3 it's also compatible with OnePlus and HTC so all Android (4.4+) phones should be covered.
It may not work with HTC devices.
No Lock Home is also available from Xposed Module Repository
Do you like it? Does it save your time? Want more features? Buy me a macaron
v0.5.3 (20140918) - experimental
- improved "no lock when screen is on"
- improvements towards htc keyguard compatability
v0.5.2 (20140916) - experimental
- add add (action for adding mac addresses/bts)
- add use of "*" wildcard (in bts only) as a workaround to have No Lock Home always active
- fix "no lock when screen is on"
v0.5.1 (20140911) - experimental
- add OnePlus One keyguard support
v0.5.0 (20140910) - experimental
- add lock/unlock based on network (wifi/bt) events - screen no longer needs to be turned off and on, it also bypasses the first lockscreen after boot
- minor tweaks
v0.4.0 (20140725) - current stable
- add cdma support
- fix ripple/particle effect instead of fallback circle when using swipe (non-aosp devices)
- add option to unlock using any paired & connected bluetooth device
- add allow using both wifi mac addresses and names (ssid)
- fix sim unlock not appearing when using swipe
- add option to unlock using any wifi connection
- fix lock not activated in some cases if using swipe, thanks @albertf
- add option to disable/enable (un)locking
- add restart-less setting
- fix status bar in swipe lock, thanks @JulianPaoloThiry
- add unlock based on Bluetooth device
- add unlock based on cell tower (LAC-CID)
- fix respecting lock delay
- fix faster screen on outside trusted zone (remove unnecessary wifi checks)
- add option to set Swipe unlock method as default instead of None
- fix FC (first time opening settings without wifi on)
- Initial release