It's the very same principle as uses app SkipLock (formerly Unlock With WiFi). Why use No Lock Home instead?
- Works with any unlock method (Swipe/Face Unlock/Pattern/PIN/Password/...) - including fingerprint reader on Samsung Galaxy S5 (stock ROM w/ TouchWiz)
- Easy to setup (compared to complexity of Tasker). No Lock Home only requires you to enable module, reboot and add AP MAC address (using just two taps)
- Unlock based on connected WiFi networks, Bluetooth devices or Cell towers
- No service, no wakelock, no internet connectivity - just a few method hooks within system keyguard
- Crazy small apk
- Using AOSP methods which are also available in Samsung/LG devices as well as CyanogenMod
Lockscreen is displayed in trusted environment only when:
- First unlock after device boot (EDIT: No longer valid as of v0.5.0)
- Some times on first use in trusted environment after use outside of trusted environment (EDIT: No longer valid as of v0.5.0)
- Xposed required (therefore root required)
- Only for Android 4.4.x/KitKat
I'm focusing on the core functionality for now.
TIP: You can add more trusted AP MAC addresses (or BT/Cells) - just separate them with semicolon (;).
It has been tested on Android 4.4.2 - Samsung Galaxy S5 (stock), LG G Pad 8.3 (stock), Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000 (CyanogenMod). Since 0.5.3 it's also compatible with OnePlus and HTC so all Android (4.4+) phones should be covered.
No Lock Home is also available from Xposed Module Repository and Google play.
Do you like it? Does it save your time? Want more features? Buy me a macaron.
v0.6.2 (20141020) - fix BT/WiFi locking triggered by disconnects in untrusted environment v0.6.1 (20141019) - experimental - fix BT locking was active even when not enabled by user - remove unnecessary unlock attempts (causing unlock sounds) v0.6.0 (20141018) - experimental - improve wake up speed (by removing any onScreenTurnedOn hook and making it fully event driven) - improve SIM PIN detection (using onSimStateChanged hook) - improve BTS unlock, now event driven (on the fly locking/unlocking, no more checks on screen on) v0.5.4 (20141011) - additional sim pin check v0.5.3 (20140918) - improved "no lock when screen is on" - improvements towards htc keyguard compatability v0.5.2 (20140916) - experimental - add add (action for adding mac addresses/bts) - add use of "*" wildcard (in bts only) as a workaround to have No Lock Home always active - fix "no lock when screen is on" v0.5.1 (20140911) - experimental - add OnePlus One keyguard support v0.5.0 (20140910) - experimental - add lock/unlock based on network (wifi/bt) events - screen no longer needs to be turned off and on, it also bypasses the first lockscreen after boot - minor tweaks v0.4.0 (20140725) - current stable - add cdma support - fix ripple/particle effect instead of fallback circle when using swipe (non-aosp devices) v0.3.7 (20140709) - add option to unlock using any paired & connected bluetooth device - add allow using both wifi mac addresses and names (ssid) - fix sim unlock not appearing when using swipe v0.3.6 (20140708) - add option to unlock using any wifi connection - fix lock not activated in some cases if using swipe, thanks @albertf v0.3.5 (20140707) - add option to disable/enable (un)locking - add restart-less setting - fix status bar in swipe lock, thanks @JulianPaoloThiry v0.3.0 (20140706) - add unlock based on Bluetooth device - add unlock based on cell tower (LAC-CID) - fix respecting lock delay - fix faster screen on outside trusted zone (remove unnecessary wifi checks) v0.2.0 (20140703) - add option to set Swipe unlock method as default instead of None v0.1.1 (20140702) - fix FC (first time opening settings without wifi on) v0.1.0 (20140629) - Initial release