Dynamic Pop for Note 4 (N910T & 910W8)

With the release of the Canadian Lollipop ROM for the Note 4, T-Mobile users can also enjoy the … more

Sunday Debate: Better to Buy Older or Newer Hardware?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on New vs. Old. Come with your opinions and feel … more

HTC Sense Camera & Gallery for M8 GPE Lollipop

If you are running a GPE ROM and miss the sense gallery and camera, this flashable zip by … more

XenonHD Unofficial AOSP-based ROM for Find 7a

XDA Recognized Contributor uppon2 & Team Horizon are bringing the Oppo … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[MOD][XPOSED] Macro / Text Expansion

19th February 2015, 01:41 PM |#151  
Flag Zurich
Thanks Meter: 33

237 posts
More
interesting.
As I said it works perfect for me running HTC One m7 with ARHD 90.1

18th March 2015, 09:39 PM |#152  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 38

175 posts
More
Same here, doesn't work on bacon, latest version of Euphoria OS, lollipop 5.0.2
19th March 2015, 07:54 PM |#153  
Thanks Meter: 22

170 posts
So i found that this module broke i'm with function in Path, I'm in kitkat 4.4 oppo find 7
21st March 2015, 08:54 PM |#154  
Thanks Meter: 10

58 posts
[Request] Smart expansion
Great module, really appreciate your work.

Coming from Blackberry to Android, this was one of my most beloved features of the former handset. I noticed that while the idea is the same, the implementation is not entirely spot-on.

Smart capitalization is the key feature that really limits this module. When typing "Np" at the beginning of a sentence, the module expands it to "no problem" - the capitalization vanishes.
Another way smart capitalization would work is when other letters are in caps. For example, if I type "NP" it would expand to "NO PROBLEM" without the need for an entirely new macro.

Other than that minor hiccup, great job!
23rd March 2015, 06:34 PM |#155  
Flag \dev\null -yu
Thanks Meter: 52

231 posts
It doesn't make much sense to call that a key feature. Macro expands exactly how you program it. Eg. "np" goes into "No problem!" and that should cover the basic usage. If you type "no problem" so often, than saving two or three variants would be easier solution.
Speaking of np shortcut, I would be the first to ask then for an option to disable that "smart" feature. I would not like to see the app expand my mentioning of the city NP (Novi Pazar) into "NO PROBLEM". I'm being illustrative, but I think that users who would ask for this feature would actually be splitting hairs here
25th March 2015, 05:23 PM |#156  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 70

239 posts
More
Not working in my Android 4.4.4
29th March 2015, 10:48 PM |#157  
Thanks Meter: 7

48 posts
More
I have not been able to get this to work on cm12 In desperation I took a look at some keyboard options yesterday and ai.type offers very similar functionally. Thumb keyboard is also close but lacks swype.

I don't wish to give offense and am not associated with either, I have used this module for a long time and relied on it. My only intent is to offer an alternative while this does not work for some people.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread