Remove Unlocked Warning Message from Moto E 2015

more

Multi Boot: The Fall of Nandroid?

more

NVIDIA SHIELD: The Tegra X1 Powered Android TV Box

The post NVIDIA SHIELD: The Tegra X1 Powered Android TV Box appeared first on … more

Pixie Dust – XDA Game Time!

more
Post Reply

[MOD][XPOSED][2.3+]NeverSleep - Disable auto-sleep in selected apps

OP hamzahrmalik

8th June 2014, 02:37 PM   |  #21  
hamzahrmalik's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,599
 
1,340 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadykhoff

Quick question.. Why not use tasker/llama rather than this module? Why do we need injection methods to prevent autosleep? Is there any benefit to this over a tasker profile?

Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Free mobile app

It's free
8th June 2014, 02:54 PM   |  #22  
Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
99 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamzahrmalik

It's free

So is Llama? This is easier, but I still don't understand the mentality of using Xposed modules for simple tasks that can be done just by apps. Xposed is so much more insecure. Not saying your module is risky or anything (although the source code isn't posted...), I just see the community moving towards the mentality that Xposed is the end-all-be-all for any issue with mobile devices.
8th June 2014, 11:51 PM   |  #23  
moonryder's Avatar
Senior Member
The Dark Side Of The Moon
Thanks Meter: 278
 
581 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadykhoff

So is Llama? This is easier, but I still don't understand the mentality of using Xposed modules for simple tasks that can be done just by apps. Xposed is so much more insecure. Not saying your module is risky or anything (although the source code isn't posted...), I just see the community moving towards the mentality that Xposed is the end-all-be-all for any issue with mobile devices.


some things can be done with apps, other canīt be managed with them like modding statusbar, gestures, hibernating apps, modding progress bars, kill toasts...
thatīs the way xposed modules are very useful and helpful.
Check it out and wonder what is possible ... CLICK ME

p.s. i use Llama too and it is one of the best apps on my device
9th June 2014, 11:38 PM   |  #24  
Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
99 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonryder

some things can be done with apps, other canīt be managed with them like modding statusbar, gestures, hibernating apps, modding progress bars, kill toasts...
thatīs the way xposed modules are very useful and helpful.
Check it out and wonder what is possible ... CLICK ME

p.s. i use Llama too and it is one of the best apps on my device

I'm aware of that. I'm just pointing out that there are quite a few Xposed modules who's functionality can be 100% replicated by an app that doesn't even require root access (such as this one).
10th June 2014, 06:30 PM   |  #25  
jayplusone's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 362
 
524 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadykhoff

I'm aware of that. I'm just pointing out that there are quite a few Xposed modules who's functionality can be 100% replicated by an app that doesn't even require root access (such as this one).

Then don't use it... Because choice is a thing.
10th June 2014, 08:43 PM   |  #26  
hamzahrmalik's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,599
 
1,340 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadykhoff

I'm aware of that. I'm just pointing out that there are quite a few Xposed modules who's functionality can be 100% replicated by an app that doesn't even require root access (such as this one).

The main reason is ease of use
26th January 2015, 06:39 AM   |  #27  
Senior Member
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 11
 
202 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Looking for the app is very hard as its is in the form of example: (com.googlemail.xxx). Can you Do bold font for the app name? Adding a search option also is good idea. Thank you good app/module though
Last edited by Atharkhan101; 26th January 2015 at 06:42 AM.
31st January 2015, 11:57 PM   |  #28  
hamzahrmalik's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,599
 
1,340 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atharkhan101

Looking for the app is very hard as its is in the form of example: (com.googlemail.xxx). Can you Do bold font for the app name? Adding a search option also is good idea. Thank you good app/module though

Yeah I think I will

Sent from my amazingly awesome OnePlus One using Tapatalk
26th February 2015, 04:03 PM   |  #29  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2014
after uninstall
hi
I tried this app to try one app and then I uninstalled. Problem is battery usage (android system). The phone doesnt go deep sleep. After uninstalling does it continue to work?
galaxy s5 g900fq 4.4.2.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-02-26-16-55-19.png
Views:	18
Size:	220.8 KB
ID:	3184863  

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes