Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Mod][Xposed] Amplify - Battery Extender - Control alarms, services, and wakelocks

OP cryptyk

22nd December 2014, 07:59 PM   |  #3891  
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
Hi all guys,in this guide

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...%2C4158494166#

I found this alarm:

com.android.internal.telephony.data-stall.

In my amplify I have:

com.android.internal.telephony.gprs.data-stall

It's the same?

Thanks.
22nd December 2014, 08:23 PM   |  #3892  
Flag Nigde
Thanks Meter: 28

86 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamoto

Hi all guys,in this guide

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...%2C4158494166#

I found this alarm:

com.android.internal.telephony.data-stall.

In my amplify I have:

com.android.internal.telephony.gprs.data-stall

It's the same?

Thanks.

Same
23rd December 2014, 03:08 PM   |  #3893  
Flag Ossining
Thanks Meter: 33

106 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymondlikesroot

Hello!

Is there any way to specifically control facebook messenger's update interval? Maybe instead of checking for messages real time, with this change, messenger would check every 10 minutes.

Yes. I believe that option is available within the main Facebook app and if messenger is installed it should apply to that app as well. I set mine to one hour. There is a 6 hour option, too. While in Facebook, hit Menu key>settings and it should be the fourth or fifth option.
Good luck.

Sent from my One M8 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawz101

This is a weird question but is there a way to implement this without XPosed? I'm just wondering what makes XPosed necessary since we can't use XPosed on Lollipop.
I mean, it feels like this app just needs root permissions to do what it does?

In case you didn't know, the Xposed Framework needs more than just Superuser access. It needs to be able to install its own binaries in a system folder, indicated as app_process on the Xposed Framework main page. If that is at ---, then it means Xposed is not activated and no modules can work. I believe Lollipop has made the writing to this block of memory more difficult and I'm sure rovo89 is working on a solution as we speak.

Good things come to those who wait...

Sent from my One M8 using XDA Free mobile app
23rd December 2014, 08:58 PM   |  #3894  
Flag Amman
Thanks Meter: 401

1,055 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by furboom1240

Yes. I believe that option is available within the main Facebook app and if messenger is installed it should apply to that app as well. I set mine to one hour. There is a 6 hour option, too. While in Facebook, hit Menu key>settings and it should be the fourth or fifth option.
Good luck.

Facebook is invasive application, it can't be controlled by it's own options, it will keep waking your device whatever you do.

Better you Greenify it, but you will lose the real time notifications.

Kill it and live in peace of mind :thumbup:
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Osama Zabin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th December 2014, 06:02 PM   |  #3895  
Flag Ossining
Thanks Meter: 33

106 posts
More
Thumbs down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osama Zabin

Facebook is invasive application, it can't be controlled by it's own options, it will keep waking your device whatever you do.

Better you Greenify it, but you will lose the real time notifications.

Kill it and live in peace of mind :thumbup:

New Subject: Reconciliation for my big mouth

Mr. Zabin, sir, I would like to apologize for any insult I might have caused, and for any lines I crossed. Please be sure that despite the connotation, it is NOT representative of how I carry myself on ANY forum, not just this one. I wish you all a prosperous new year, and a forum free of the tension I may have caused.
Last edited by furboom1240; Today at 03:36 AM. Reason: Sanitation called - they wanted their trash back!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to furboom1240 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 03:38 PM   |  #3896  
Thanks Meter: 148

763 posts
More
I wonder why since latest Play Service 6.5.99 update I have these wakelocks "*sync*/com.google android.gms..." even if the corresponding hidden account sync are disabled in Settings - Accounts with Greenify "Reveal Hidden Sync" experimental features until now I never had this problem.
@cryptyk Justly the above wakelocks appear under wrong package name Android System instead Play Service. I have checked in Better Battery Stats and Wakelock Detector and they are under Play Service.

Merry Christmas to you and everyone!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1419517580228.jpg
Views:	490
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	3081250  
Yesterday, 04:24 PM   |  #3897  
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 64

804 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have a problem with this module. After about a complete circle draining and recharging the battery it keeps my device awake a 100%. After uninstalling wake lock is gone. I tried it 3 times to reinstall and watched the behavior. Same thing...
Yesterday, 10:48 PM   |  #3898  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer / XDA Portal Team
Thanks Meter: 7,359

5,917 posts
More
Hey guys, I cleaned up some posts here since they weren't about Amplify, but a personal argument. Please remember two things:
  • Respect each other. Just because someone's advice isn't the one you want, doesn't mean it's not meant to be helpful. Thank it or ignore it, but there's no need for personal attacks.
  • At the same time, just because another user didn't welcome your advice, that doesn't give you the right to resort to personal attacks as well.
You can review the forum rules here. Cheers.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GermainZ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 05:09 AM   |  #3899  
Flag Amman
Thanks Meter: 401

1,055 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by furboom1240

New Subject: Reconciliation for my big mouth

Mr. Zabin, sir, I would like to apologize for any insult I might have caused, and for any lines I crossed. Please be sure that despite the connotation, it is NOT representative of how I carry myself on ANY forum, not just this one. I wish you all a prosperous new year, and a forum free of the tension I may have caused.

You was faster than me, I do apologize for you, sorry for that stupid reply.
Sorry everybody on this thread.

Happy new year.
Last edited by Osama Zabin; Today at 07:43 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Osama Zabin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
wakelock xposed nlp
Previous Thread Next Thread