Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,852 Members 40,367 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD][XPOSED][4.1+] All Notifications Expanded

Tip us?

UgglyNoodle
Old
(Last edited by UgglyNoodle; 9th December 2013 at 06:43 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 148
Default [MOD][XPOSED][4.1+] All Notifications Expanded

I made a simple Xposed module which causes all notifications to be initially shown in their expanded state inside the notification drawer. (The stock behaviour is that only the first notification is expanded.) Notifications may still be contracted manually and will stay that way.

There is no settings activity. This module just does one thing for now.

Requires Jelly Bean or above with the Xposed framework installed.

Props to @rovo89 for the awesome Xposed framework!

You can grab it from its Xposed Module Repository page.
The Following 88 Users Say Thank You to UgglyNoodle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CallumMarks77
Old
Thanks Meter 158
Said it on my thread and I'll say it again, you are my hero!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app
Phone - Nexus 5 ROM - Mahdi 4.4.4 Kernel - Bricked
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CallumMarks77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ranomez
Old
Thanks Meter 111
Great job, this is a thing I wanted for a long time, and is one of the last 3 things I want to see implemented with xposed (the others can be done without, but AFAIK xposed modules don't use as much ram as standalone apps)
Register here on copy: https://copy.com?r=bhjtga and we will both get 5gb bonus space

List of devices:
HTC One X+ Vodafone-Main phone-ParanoidAndroid 4.4

Onda v975m-Main tablet device.

Sony Smartwatch 2

HTC Touch Pro 2 RHOD100_UK-Backup phone-CM7.

Archos101IT Gen8-Secondary tablet device-CM9.

The Jack of Clubs
Old
Thanks Meter 418
this is something that has bugged me since 4.1. my first notification will be something like email or app updates and ill get a text message and cant just hit reply or make as read without first expanding the notification. one of my top annoyances fixed! thanks, you made my day. all these xposed modules are solving all my problems with android, soon i wont have anything to complain about... im giving out thanks buttons like candy.
The Following User Says Thank You to The Jack of Clubs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

egingell
Old
Thanks Meter 1335

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jack of Clubs View Post
this is something that has bugged me since 4.1. my first notification will be something like email or app updates and ill get a text message and cant just hit reply or make as read without first expanding the notification. one of my top annoyances fixed! thanks, you made my day. all these xposed modules are solving all my problems with android, soon i wont have anything to complain about... im giving out thanks buttons like candy.
Mine would collapse just before clicking whichever button and I would end up clicking the next notification down. I'd have to expand it twice - the second time, it wouldn't collapse.

----
Summon Logcat. It's super effective.

SGS2 - JB 4.1.2 GB27
SGS4 - JB 4.2.2 MF9
* Phones: Samsung SGSII Epic 4G Touch; SGSIV
* ROM: Rooted Stock JB 4.1.2; Rooted Stock JB 4.2.2
* Kernel: Stock JB 4.1.2; Stock JB 4.2.2
* Enabled non-stock features: init.d, boot animations, boot splash; init.d, boot animations
* DPI: 200; 400

* UnToaster - Block Toasts by regular expressions.
* Downloads2SD - Redirect downloads.
* [TIPS][SCRIPTS][ROOT]egingell's scripts.
* My Droid Blog
* DropBox (2-18GB free).

Looki75
Old
Thanks Meter 363
Great job! I like this module!
I have 2 remarks :
1. Could you let the "permanent" notification behaves like by default? Or offer the option in a settings page?
2. Ideally, there would be a settings page in which we could choose the behavior for each app/package independently...

Thanks
Samsung Galaxy S3 International LTE - i9305
Samsung Official JB4.3 ROM - rooted
The Following User Says Thank You to Looki75 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

truemagic
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looki75 View Post
I have 2 remarks :
1. Could you let the "permanent" notification behaves like by default? Or offer the option in a settings page?
2. Ideally, there would be a settings page in which we could choose the behavior for each app/package independently...

Thanks
+1 for second suggestion, that would make my phone perfect! As I only wan few apps to expand notification on permanent basis

sharp87
Old
Thanks Meter 289
Worked with cm10.2 S2..thanks

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

UgglyNoodle
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looki75 View Post
I have 2 remarks :

Thanks
Do permanent notifications have special behaviour in regards to being expanded or not? Let me know exactly what you mean and I can investigate!

For your second suggestion, I have already planned to do this, but unfortunately I think it will have to wait at least until the new year. I have already been naughty working on these modules when I have a million other things to do!
The Following User Says Thank You to UgglyNoodle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Looki75
Old
Thanks Meter 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by UgglyNoodle View Post
Do permanent notifications have special behaviour in regards to being expanded or not? Let me know exactly what you mean and I can investigate!

For your second suggestion, I have already planned to do this, but unfortunately I think it will have to wait at least until the new year. I have already been naughty working on these modules when I have a million other things to do!
Thanks for the quick reply!

1/ Permanent notifications: they behave differently than other notifications, yes.
Default android behavior (at least here on my JB4.1.2 TouchWiz ROM): you cannot expand them with fingers
With your module: they stay expanded, but then you cannot wrap them with fingers
It's like there is no other interaction possible other than clicking on them. You cannot swipe them away, and you cannot expand/wrap.
So the issue with the module is that the notification stays there wide expanded when sometimes you don't need it, and there is nothing to do about it: it will stay expanded.

Solutions?
A. Ideally... if I can dream... would be that your module allow expand/wrap interaction with these permanent notifications...
Is that possible at all???

B. Backup solution would be to allow a setting to choose to expand or not these permanent notifications

C. A 3rd way to go would be to just let permanent notifications with their default system behavior. After all, we mainly need your module for the temporary notifications: emails, test msg, etc...

Solution C is probably the easiest to code? And would be enough for users (at least for me).

2/ No hurry for the second suggestion. Good to know you plan having this. Will be patient!
Samsung Galaxy S3 International LTE - i9305
Samsung Official JB4.3 ROM - rooted