This module enables Ok Google on all 3rd party launchers on KitKat and above.
It also allows you to enable Ok Google on a per app basis.
Requires 4.4+ and a newish version of Google Search (confirmed working on 3.4+)
This works by using the same method OEMs use to add "Ok Google" to their home screen, as seen on the Galaxy S5 and the LG G3.
Launcher developers, you can add this to your launcher with: https://github.com/MohammadAG/Ok-Google-Hotword-Lib
* How's the battery usage?
Exactly the same as GEL.
* I don't get "Say "Ok Google"" in the search bar, only a filled mic?
The hint is only shown for a few times when you first use Google Search, it's hidden after a while.
* Does this work with all languages?
No idea, if it doesn't work with GEL, it won't work here, however.
* Any other hotwords besides Ok Google?
No, since this uses Google Search's built in service, only Ok Google is supported. For other uses, consider OpenMic.
* Why is this only on KitKat?Video:
The Google Search recognition service only works on KitKat.
By @-NickHalden-: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HuV...ature=youtu.be
More screenshots here: http://imgur.com/a/18LEJ
- Version 1.2 supports all launchers, just open the app once.
- Xperia Stock Launcher
- HTC Sense 6 / Blinkfeed
- TouchWiz (S5 has this built in)
- LG (untested - G3 has this built in)
If you found this mod useful, consider donating with PayPal.