Post Reply

[MOD][XPOSED][4.0+]PINshortcuts - different passwords/patterns as shortcuts

OP hamzahrmalik

12th July 2014, 06:04 PM   |  #1  
hamzahrmalik's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,321
 
1,099 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUquc2hQGDA">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUquc2hQGDA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
This module is a rather simple yet useful one
It allows you to open different apps with different PIN codes/patterns
This is NOT for security, infact it reduces security (more passwords, so more chance of getting it right)
It simply allows you to set shortcuts

EXAMPLE USAGE
Set 1111 as password for "Phone" app
Set 2222 as password for "Messaging" app
Set 0000 as normal password, from Android Settings app

Then, when I type 0000, it will unlock as normal
When i type 1111, it will unlock and then launch "Phone"
When I type 2222, it will unlock and then launch "Messaging"

It should work with PIN and password and now also patterns!

This mod can be found attached to this post or in the Xposed Repo
Please also consider the premium version

Icon thanks to @demonicangell™

Source code here
Attached Files
File Type: apk PINshorcuts 1.0.apk - [Click for QR Code] (270.1 KB, 1188 views)
File Type: apk PINshorcuts 2.0.apk - [Click for QR Code] (284.2 KB, 22 views)
File Type: apk PINshorcuts 2.0.1.apk - [Click for QR Code] (284.6 KB, 176 views)
Last edited by hamzahrmalik; 6th September 2014 at 11:16 PM.
The Following 41 Users Say Thank You to hamzahrmalik For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th July 2014, 07:27 PM   |  #2  
hamzahrmalik's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,321
 
1,099 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Changelog
Version 1.0 (12/7/14)
Initial Release
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hamzahrmalik For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th July 2014, 07:28 PM   |  #3  
hamzahrmalik's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,321
 
1,099 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Planned Features
You tell me!
Last edited by hamzahrmalik; 22nd August 2014 at 05:26 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hamzahrmalik For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th July 2014, 09:22 PM   |  #4  
sharkie405's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Waynesville, NC
Thanks Meter: 469
 
1,287 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
More
Working perfectly on my S4. Thanks!

I don't use pattern unlock, but the more options available to the user, the better, right?

- Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk because the XDA app sucks.
12th July 2014, 10:46 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 68
 
351 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
It's a long shot but if you could add tasker support to this, I can't even imagine the different scenarios we could use directly from lockscreen.
12th July 2014, 10:53 PM   |  #6  
hamzahrmalik's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,321
 
1,099 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsk

It's a long shot but if you could add tasker support to this, I can't even imagine the different scenarios we could use directly from lockscreen.

A lot of people have asked for Tasker support for many of my mods
The truth is I don't know how to make Tasker plugins. I don't even have Tasker
And what would it do in this case anyway?
12th July 2014, 11:04 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 68
 
351 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamzahrmalik

A lot of people have asked for Tasker support for many of my mods
The truth is I don't know how to make Tasker plugins. I don't even have Tasker
And what would it do in this case anyway?

You could directly ask the developer of tasker. He will surely help you.
And I think there is something on his website also for integrating support.

I could create any task, such as switching on mobile data and launching an app simultaneously.
And that task will be triggered by your module when I enter a pin or pattern.
It's all depends on your imagination after that.

---------- Post added at 03:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 AM ----------

I just realised you are also the developer of fastscroll, very handy.
Looking forward to this module.
12th July 2014, 11:37 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
388 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
If you add shortcuts (that same of launchers) people can call Tasker from creating password actions for shortcut.

Waiting for pattern to test
13th July 2014, 12:59 AM   |  #9  
hamzahrmalik's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,321
 
1,099 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwrib

If you add shortcuts (that same of launchers) people can call Tasker from creating password actions for shortcut.

Waiting for pattern to test







Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsk

You could directly ask the developer of tasker. He will surely help you.
And I think there is something on his website also for integrating support.

I could create any task, such as switching on mobile data and launching an app simultaneously.
And that task will be triggered by your module when I enter a pin or pattern.
It's all depends on your imagination after that.

---------- Post added at 03:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 AM ----------

I just realised you are also the developer of fastscroll, very handy.
Looking forward to this module.

If I just add support for shortcuts instead of just apps then would that be OK?
The Following User Says Thank You to hamzahrmalik For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th July 2014, 01:05 AM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
388 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamzahrmalik

If I just add support for shortcuts instead of just apps then would that be OK?

For users that want call Tasker tasks, yes.
Exist one app called auto shortcuts, they can call Tasker tasks with shortcut.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xposed Framework Modules by ThreadRank