Swype is an amazing IME, and it has been my favorite for a long time. However, it has some faults. The biggest annoyance is voice dictation: Dragon is forced on you and there is no good way to use Google's superior voice recognition.
This module opens the Google voice typing input when you hit the voice button. It should act just like any other keyboard that has a voice button.
Additionally, there are options to change some colors and other tweaks.
This should work with all recent versions of Swype, including OEM, Google Play paid, Google Play trial, etc. If you have any problems, please let me know.
SwypeTweaks at repo.xposed.info
This app requires Xposed.
You also need Google Voice Search installed.
None that I know of, currently.
I can only really work on this during weekends, so updates won't be extremely fast, but I'll do my best.
Here are the next features I'm attempting, in order:
- Get rid of all orange (In progress.)
- Much more flexible key remapping
Features I am considering and investigating:
- Customize gestures
- Pop up a toast message/notification when a gesture is used.
- Layout changes. This is likely to be too difficult.
rovo89 for the Xposed Framework and also for helping me in the framework thread.
alaskajoel for the great idea and for testing
arpruss for the emoji disabling feature
netkeion and francwalter for helping with the IME switching
- Removed some code that caused a disappearing microphone button for a user
- Lowered minimum time threshold for long pressing keys
- Changed "Long press enter" to "long press speech key", since doing a long press on the enter key doesn't work anymore (thanks netkeion and francwalter)
- Removed emoji disabler, since there is now a setting built into Swype.
- An option has been added to disable emoji in the word suggestion bar. This excellent feature was written by arpruss and is included in SwypeTweaks with arpruss's permission
- More color customization
- Color pickers for changing color
- Show microphone key instead of Dragon Flame when the replacement is enabled
- Better performance for trace color change
- You can now change the trace color
- Long pressing enter can change between keyboards
- Better error handling
- This should now work with all recent versions of Swype (OEM, both Play Store versions, etc.) I changed the mechanism of how it launches Google Voice Recognition, so please let me know if this causes any problems. It should act exactly the same.
- Added an option to launch the iWnn emoji keyboard when long pressing the Enter key (assuming iWnn is installed.)
- Added settings activity to enable/disable features (more are planned.)
1.0.1 - Very minor update to allow this to work with the trial version of Swype.
Also added better logging for support.
1.0 - Initial release