Swype is an amazing IME, and it has been my favorite for a long time. However, it has some faults. The biggest annoyance is voice dictation: Dragon is forced on you and there is no good way to use Google's superior voice recognition.
This module opens the Google voice typing input when you hit the voice button. It should act just like any other keyboard that has a voice button.
There are also other tweaks, such as the ability to change some of the colors, such as the trace color.
SwypeTweaks at repo.xposed.info
This app requires Xposed.
You also need Google Voice Search installed.
None that I know of, currently.
I can only really work on this during weekends, so updates won't be extremely fast, but I'll do my best.
Here are the next features I'm attempting, in order:
- See if I can get OEM versions to work. (Done)
- Launch iWnn emoji keyboard (long press enter key) (Done)
- Add a settings activity to enable/disable different options. (Done)
- Trace color change (moved up in priority due to popularity) (Done)
- Never show the smiley button, always show the Enter button instead.
- Other visual changes. Get rid of all orange (In progress.)
Features I am considering and investigating:
- Remap other keys.
- Lower long-press delay below current minimum
- Remove wake lock (not sure if possible or what side effects would be)
- Customize gestures
- Pop up a toast message/notification when a gesture is used.
- Layout changes. This is likely to be too difficult.
rovo89 for the Xposed Framework and also for helping me in the framework thread.
alaskajoel for the great idea and for testing
- More color customization
- Color pickers for changing color
- Show microphone key instead of Dragon Flame when the replacement is enabled
- Better performance for trace color change
- You can now change the trace color
- Long pressing enter can change between keyboards
- Better error handling
- This should now work with all recent versions of Swype (OEM, both Play Store versions, etc.) I changed the mechanism of how it launches Google Voice Recognition, so please let me know if this causes any problems. It should act exactly the same.
- Added an option to launch the iWnn emoji keyboard when long pressing the Enter key (assuming iWnn is installed.)
- Added settings activity to enable/disable features (more are planned.)
1.0.1 - Very minor update to allow this to work with the trial version of Swype.
Also added better logging for support.
1.0 - Initial release