Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[MOD][XPOSED] SwypeTweaks v1.4.0 [21 March, 14]

25th March 2015, 04:32 PM   |  #421  
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstarr

They moved all of the settings around, so I couldn't find it. Thanks.

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app

Sorry yes they did move everything around. You can find it under the press and hold the [?123] key to get that pop up ok. 😎
25th March 2015, 10:30 PM   |  #422  
Thanks Meter: 5

36 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyTime

What are you looking for it to do that Swype doesn't do natively?

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk

I'm on a Note 3 and near sighted, so screen real estate is more important to me than keyboard size. XCoolDroid does this for the Google keyboard (pics attached). I want it shorter, but a general height adjustment is super useful for both directions. For example, my gf is visually impaired and a taller keyboard (like the default Google keyboard size) would help her.

settings
shawty

(Sorry for the gigantic images--I don't know how to scale them down on this board!)
25th March 2015, 11:29 PM   |  #423  
Thanks Meter: 44

131 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhisattvah

I'm on a Note 3 and near sighted, so screen real estate is more important to me than keyboard size. XCoolDroid does this for the Google keyboard (pics attached). I want it shorter, but a general height adjustment is super useful for both directions. For example, my gf is visually impaired and a taller keyboard (like the default Google keyboard size) would help her.

settings
shawty

(Sorry for the gigantic images--I don't know how to scale them down on this board!)

The images aren't loading for me on tapatalk, I'll try looking at the computer tonight.

Have you tried changing the settings in Swype to adjust the height?

26th March 2015, 12:26 AM   |  #424  
Quote:

I see what you saying about the height adjustment from the Google keyboard. But how can anyone Swype on the tiny keyboard. Unless you're a thumb tap input person? Idk
Anyway maybe if the dev feels it's feasible then he might be able to implement it into the module..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyTime

The images aren't loading for me on tapatalk, I'll try looking at the computer tonight.

Have you tried changing the settings in Swype to adjust the height?

They should show up in tapa now as I fixed the pics in his post.
Last edited by Bajanman; 26th March 2015 at 12:30 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bajanman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th March 2015, 01:07 AM   |  #425  
Thanks Meter: 45

56 posts
More
Quote:

You can use the Xposed module "App Settings" to change the DPI of Swype to something more like ~430, but you can test around values like that. It'll make the keyboard smaller and you can combine this with the height adjustment to get a nice small keyboard. Let me take a screenshot really quick.

Last edited by Namelesswonder; 26th March 2015 at 01:18 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Namelesswonder For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th March 2015, 10:38 PM   |  #426  
Thanks Meter: 5

36 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namelesswonder

You can use the Xposed module "App Settings" to change the DPI of Swype to something more like ~430, but you can test around values like that. It'll make the keyboard smaller and you can combine this with the height adjustment to get a nice small keyboard. Let me take a screenshot really quick.

Huh, so I had tried that on the version of Swype that was included with my phone (SMN900) way back, and it changed the scale of the keyboard in two dimensions, and not the scale of the keyboard skin. In other words, I ended up with a keyboard that appeared the same, but with buttons that didn't line up at all with what was on the screen. Soooo, I wrote off using App Settings with Swype.

But just for the heck of it, I just tried it on the version of Swype that's in the Play store...AND IT WORKS! Brilliant! Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajanman

But how can anyone Swype on the tiny keyboard

Well, it's not so tiny on a Note! ; D
Last edited by bodhisattvah; 26th March 2015 at 10:51 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, dragon, google voice recognition, swype, xposed
Previous Thread Next Thread