[MOD][Xposed] Tinted Status Bar [BETA 8]
Requires Xposed Framework!
Inspired by iOS 6/7 and the latest Android 4.4 fake leaks (
whether true or not
), implemented by Paranoid Android as manual tinting, and now, an Xposed module with automatic tinting for most apps.
This module tints your status bar according to the currently shown activity, it also allows you to customize the tint color yourself on a per app basis. You'll need to do that for apps where auto detect doesn't work.
It also allows you to have the KitKat gradient on devices that support this module, use 66000000 as the color to achieve that.
All Jelly Bean and KitKat devices should be compatible. Some ROMs may introduce issues, if they're open source, I can look into it, if not, post a reply with a deodexed copy of your SystemUI.apk
- Google Nexus 10
- Samsung Galaxy S4
- Samsung Galaxy Note II
- Samsung Galaxy SII running Chameleon (mainly AOKP-based)
- 2012 Nexus 7 with CyanogenMod 10.2 (covers all CM10.2 devices).
- 2012 Nexus 7 with stock Google 4.4
- LG Optimus L7
- HTC One / HTC One (M8)
- HTC Sensation
- Sony Xperia Z / Z1
- Galaxy S Advance GT-I9070 with CyanogenMod 10.1 (covers all CM10.1 devices).
To report an issue, use Github, I can't track this thread due to how big it's become:
Tinted Status Bar is licensed under GPLv3, including any parts of it in any of your code requires you to release the source code of it.
Contribute to this!
I can't add default colours for all the apps that aren't auto detected. You can contribute to a list of colours that look great on the app.
The quickest way to get the colours is to take a screenshot of the app and use an app like "Color Picker" from the store and using that to get the colour.
Feel free to ask devs to add support for this!
Get and add your colours here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...EE&usp=sharing
Google Drive doesn't support transparency, so if you want to make a cell coloured, remove the first "ff"s, colours should be in the format "RRGGBB". My mod takes "AARRGGBB" too though.
- rovo89 for the Xposed Framework.
- Nottach for his module's source code, it helped with the icon colours.
- C3C076 for GravityBox, parts of the source code were used for keyboard detection.
- rovo89 and Tungstwenty, I borrowed some of the UI code from App Settings.
- Niek Haarman for his ListViewAnimations library.
- Lars Werkman for Holo Color PIcker.
- GermainZ for his suggestion on how to determine default icon colour and his many patches
- GriffinSauce for the icon.
Here's the API, you can easily support this in your apps by using this class in your project: https://github.com/MohammadAG/Xposed...arTintApi.java
If you found this mod useful, consider donating with PayPal
or buying the Play Store donation package
Follow me on Twitter: @MohammadAG
Check out my Xposed modules
Send files with Android Beam™ on Android 4.1+: File Beam (Touch to Send)
Enable USB Mass Storage Mode on Samsung devices with SG USB Mass Storage Enabler
Use your flashlight at different brightness levels with Adjustable Torch
Enable Music Controls on your S-View screen with S-View Music Controls