Tinting Status Bar and Navigation Bar on KitKat and Lollipop with “Translucent Mode”
This module offers the option to make the status bar and navigation bar “translucent” with a color behind, like the Material Apps in Lollipop or the HTC Sense Apps in Sense 6 and 7.
For every Activity, in every app you want.
Isn't that nice, huh?
The app just uses the Translucent API to draw the status bar and navigation bar, so - it won't enable Translucent Mode on devices that don't support it.
Otherwise, it will e.g. give you the full Sense 6 feeling even in non-Sense-apps on an HTC Sense 6 device.
For developers, take a look at https://github.com/jgilfelt/SystemBarTint, if you want your app to look like this even without this module.
I use code of this in my module, special thanks to Jeff Gilfelt for giving this template to do something like that!
Download the app from Xposed Repo:
To Download the module in Xposed Installer, you have to allow BETA downloads, as the module is currently in Beta state (user interface isn't as bug-free as it should, but I wanted to share my work as soon as I could).
Just activate the module and reboot, as Xposed suggests. A soft reboot should be enough.
After that, you don't need to reboot to apply settings.
There's a thing called TTSB Community. There you can create an account (you don't have to) and download settings other users published there, or (with an account) publish your own if they aren't there.
Maybe in some time you'll find many settings over there!
For using this module bypassing the not-very-well-working UI, maybe a look on my Wiki article about manually setting TTSB Settings Codes should help:
If it does not work, check:
- Do you get translucent StatusBar in other apps, without the module (there are test apps for this purpose in Play Store)?
- If not: Are you on CyanogenMod? There's an option in “Performance” settings menu to enable or disable things like the gradient.
- Has your problem something to do with an already known bug (look at the end of this post, there are they listed)?
- Is your problem just for one special app? Please include a Play Store link, XDA thread link, source code link, or anything like this, of that app, or even a description of how it works, like “apps with text field aligned to the bottom of the screen don't move it with IME anymore, which is making it to disappear behind the keyboard”. Also please post your TTSB settings code for that Activity, if you're able to (if the bug is not with the apps UI).
- Is your problem device/ROM related? I can't test every ROM because I can't buy every device, but check the first and third point of this list first. My module is using system code of android that should be in every ROM's code, I can't imagine any ROM working without onCreate() method of an Activity.
Maybe it has something to do with security features of a ROM, because my module is using world-readable SharedPreferences to have access to them from every app's onCreate() methods. If you know a better way, please, tell me, I'm relatively new to Xposed.
But have fun with testing this module!
I was inspired by Tinted Status Bar by MohammadAG, a more complicated module that tints the full status bar, so that module works even on older versions of android (between 4.0 and 4.4+).
But I did not like touching the status bar itself, as it creates some problems with some functions and apps, and it never gave me the mentioned "Sense 6 feeling" I wanted.
So I started to create my own module.
But, thanks to MohammadAG, TSB is also a great alternative if you don't want the Translucent overlay in the status bar.
This module was tested in an emulator and on an HTC One M7 running ARHD 71.1 first, at the moment CyanogenMod 11 M10.
This module works perfectly fine with my other module, Translucent Style, which changes the style of the translucency (gradient, Sense 6/Android “L” style, Sense 5 style, ...), this is very good to make TTSB's result way more unique!
Please note that Translucent Style only works on KitKat by now, not on Lollipop (TTSB does well though).
The source code can be found on GitHub under GNU GPL V2:
- Fix: FC when there are many comments
- Fix: username uppercase handling (no uppercase letters allowed)
- Fix: better username change (only change username)
- Fix: "Chosen" only showing on top-voted submit.
- Community passwords now auto-generated. (reason for better username change)
- Notification center added, to see new comments or votes.
- (Notification center, see above) Mentions by @(user)
- Introducing TTSB community, a platform to share settings of this module with other users
- Fix: Made scrolling in main screen a bit smoother.
- Fixed XHaloFloatingWindow by excluding its flag from tinting.
- Fixed padding = nothing -> FC.
- Fixed landscape navigation padding.
Fixed XHaloFloatingWindow by excluding its flag from tinting.
- Added option to only sync layout options.
- Fixed bug where padding was not saved.
- Added timestamps to database.
- Now showing if database settings are different from local ones.
- Fixed bug with FC when trying to enter custom advanced options without settings set.
- Fixed bug with copying of settings won't work.
- Fixed bug with the app list where it jumps back to the top when returning to it.
- Fixed bug with the app list where it does not show all apps sometimes.
- Fixed bug with CheckBoxes in Sync menu.
- Changed unit of “increase status/nav bar height” to dp (to make settings independent from density).
- Changed some infos about the database in TTSB UI.
- Made logging an optional option.
- Added TTSB database possibilities.
- Fixed several smaller bugs.
- Added options to define the three previous layout options more exactly.
- Added option to don't do anything with layout.
- Improved UI: app selection now an full list with icons in an Activity.
- Improved UI: Settings now can be copied to other Activities.
- New settings saving engine: TTSB settings code.
- Improved UI: Option to modify settings code directly and to copy and paste it somewhere, so e.g. you can share your settings more easily.
- The predefined layout options have been reworked.
- With the right configuration, nearly every app should be able to do that “scroll content behind translucent navbar” thing.
- Through all that: Many bugfixes (or at least “possible” bug fixes with the right settings).
- Changed layout moving engine.
- Fixed bug with keyboard not moving the layout.
- Scrollable content now moves behind NavBar, but is accessable.
- Fixed bug with app crashing when using this module.
- Fixed bug with settings aren't working for some Activities.
- Color can now be set in #AARRGGBB or #RRGGBB.
- Added possibility to exclude Activities from “.[ALL]” tinting.
- Fixed bug with settings, that you had to set an Activity twice to appear.
- Fixed bug increasing performance between the module's UI Activities.
- Fixed bug on some devices with the color boxes and autocompletion.
- Added navigation bar tinting.
- Added alphabetical order for apps and Activities.
- Added ability to tint all Activities of an app.
- Added ability to overwrite settings an app already made (buggy atm)
- No seperate landscape options possible.
- ActionBar color changing within the same Activity (Play Store) cannot be handled at the moment.
- Dialog windows get borders when they are included in tinting.
Attachment: Screenshots of the user interface of the app.