Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,752 Members 39,816 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] [XPOSED] Keep Trash [v1.3]

Tip us?

xenon92
Old
(Last edited by xenon92; 14th August 2014 at 11:25 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,941

DONATE TO ME
Default [MOD] [XPOSED] Keep Trash [v1.3]

An open source Xposed module to move 'Delete', 'Archive', 'Show/Hide Checkboxes' or 'Share' menu options from 3-dot overflow menu to the action bar in official Google Keep app.

My personal blog post for the module - Read Me

Featured on XDA portal.
Thanx to @eagleeyetom for featuring the module.

I use Google Keep a lot to jot down thoughts that come to my mind, thoughts that may come in handy in future. This leads to many many notes scattered all over the app.

To delete a note, I had to -
  1. Long tap the note
  2. Tap on the 3-dot overflow menu
  3. Tap on 'Delete

It was kind of frustrating to have an extra tap to open the 3-dot overflow menu just so that I could reach the 'Delete' button. So I moved the button to the action bar.

Now, to delete a note -
  1. Long tap the note
  2. Tap on 'Delete'

In v1.1, I implemented a customizable icon listing in the action bar of the official Google Keep app. The users can select which icons they want to show in their Google Keep app action bar. Users can choose any combination, such as select only one among the menu icons listed below, choose any two, choose all three or choose none. Users can choose among the following icons -
  • Archive
  • Delete

In v1.2, I implemented a customizable icon listing in the action bar when the note was being edited in the official Google Keep app. Just like v1.1, users can select any combination among the menu items listed below -
  • Archive
  • Show/Hide Checkboxes

Users can select which icons they want to show in their Google Keep app action bar and customize the way they use Google Keep.

SCREENSHOTS

GUI

Before

After

REQUIREMENTS
  • Xposed framework
  • Latest Google Keep (tested working on Google Keep v2.3.02)
  • Android 4.0+

SOURCE

Source code of the module can be found on my Github

DOWNLOADS

From Xposed module repo.
From my Github.

CREDITS

Big thanx to @rovo89 and @Tungstwenty for the amazing Xposed framework
Thanx to @Faiz Malkani for the Floating Action Button (FAB) library
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to xenon92 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xenon92
Old
(Last edited by xenon92; 1st August 2014 at 09:55 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,941

DONATE TO ME
CHANGELOG

v1.3
  • Fix action bar icon sizes for official Google Keep
  • Remove "Exit" button from Keep Trash action bar
  • Added German translations (thanx to @mihahn)

v1.2
  • Ability to choose which icons (Archive or Show/Hide checkboxes) should show up in action bar when the note is being edited in the official Google Keep app (any combination can be selected)
  • Add android L style floating button to open Google Keep from Keep Trash (thanx to FAB library by @Faiz Malkani)
  • Change supported android version to 4.0.3+ (API 15+) (Google Keep supports 4.0.3+ only)
  • Fix module description in Xposed Installer after install
  • Add padding to "Share" icon to make it a bit smaller
  • Set action bar color to blue

v1.1

NOTE - If you have previously disabled the GUI in v1.0, uninstall and reinstall Keep Trash to enable the new GUI to see the customization options.
  • Ability to choose which icons you want to show up in official Google Keep's action bar (any combination from Archive, Delete and Share can be set. Any one among these, any two, all or none)
  • Switch from Holo theme to Holo light with dark action bar
  • Remove 'Disable GUI' checkbox
  • Enable 'Open Google Keep in Play Store' permanently
  • Code clean up

v1.0
  • Initial Release

paxy97
Old
Thanks Meter 525
Yay I was waiting for google for sooo long to make this an option like on Gmail. Thank you very much. Also could you male the swipe action also delete the note instead of archiving? I presume it's not hard, only changing a method call
My Works:
HalOmni for the Xperia V

(I don't take credit for the picture)

xdauser7
Old
Thanks Meter 5
could you move the share button to the action bar too?
The Following User Says Thank You to xdauser7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xenon92
Old
(Last edited by xenon92; 12th July 2014 at 12:25 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,941

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxy97 View Post
Yay I was waiting for google for sooo long to make this an option like on Gmail. Thank you very much. Also could you male the swipe action also delete the note instead of archiving? I presume it's not hard, only changing a method call
Google Keep is closed source. The code is obfuscated, so pin pointing the method is hard. But I'll still look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdauser7 View Post
could you move the share button to the action bar too?
This is feasible. It will make the action bar cluttered if I move "all" the menu options to the action bar. I'll keep this option customizable in the GUI, giving user the ability to choose which menu icons they want in their action bar, and which ones should be moved to the 3-dot overflow menu.

Thank you for the suggestion.
The Following User Says Thank You to xenon92 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

samvithvr
Old
Thanks Meter 1
****ing awesome! This has been my long standing gripe with Keep. Thanks dev! Now, if someone would find a way to remove the limits on the amount of text one is allowed to write in a single note, Keep would be perfect for me!

DarkSorcerer
Old
Thanks Meter 178
Oh yeah! At last! Thank you!
Smartphone: hammerhead
ROM:Whatever no.one.writeme has compiled / will compile

csoulr666
Old
Thanks Meter 400
These are the kinds of modules which make Xposed really handy. Thanks a lot for this
If thou art commit a sin,thy reaper will punish thee!!!

Primary Phone:HTC One Mini 2
Current Rom:Stock Sense 6

Secondary Phone:HTC Wildfire S
Current Rom:CyanogenMod 9
Username Pronounciation:"See-soul-are-triple-six"

You are not the only living person with a problem! Search a bit before posting
The Following User Says Thank You to csoulr666 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xenon92
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,941

DONATE TO ME
So I wasn't the only one who was frustrated by Google's decision to keep 'Delete' button 2 taps away from the user. Good to know!

Maybe masterminds at Google just don't want the users to delete their data from their servers (if they even do that) , but instead just want you to archive it (for them). After all, the one who controls "user's data", controls the present and the future! Hehe.

Anyways, I am glad this module is useful for others too.

cosmicsatish
Old
Thanks Meter 21
@xenon92 I am so happy to see your app being highlighted on xda portal.. Your development for galaxy grand is unforgettable.. And yet another brilliant app which is simply mind blowing.. Keep up the good work..

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Keep up the Gr8 work Developers

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cosmicsatish For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]