[MOD] No Wake On Charge v0.1 [TW/S5]

22nd August 2014, 06:28 AM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 691

1,386 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tscan

Not that this is intended to work for wireless charging, but are there any plans to make it work for all charging options in the future? I cannot find a SINGLE option to disable to wake screen upon placing the phone on the charging pad. After the phone gets fully charged, it will start turning on and off throughout the night to keep it at 100%, very annoying.

What phone are you using? With this module activated my S5 doesn't wake up when placed on a wireless charger.

Sent from my Developer Edition Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk
22nd August 2014, 12:16 PM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 3

24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonjn

What phone are you using? With this module activated my S5 doesn't wake up when placed on a wireless charger.

Sent from my Developer Edition Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

Do you have any other modifications? I figured it out though, you need to disable the wireless charge popup AND the display wake. If you have just one or the other it will not work. I disabled the wireless charge popup via wanam,
22nd August 2014, 02:13 PM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 691

1,386 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tscan

Do you have any other modifications? I figured it out though, you need to disable the wireless charge popup AND the display wake. If you have just one or the other it will not work. I disabled the wireless charge popup via wanam,

Yeah, I did the same, so that's probably why it's been working for me. Glad you figured it out.
23rd August 2014, 12:07 AM   |  #34  
Flag Kenosha, WI
Thanks Meter: 4

66 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneytoo

No Wake On Charge keeps screen off when usb/charger cable is plugged in or unplugged. This module works fully only on Samsung Galaxy S5 as it uses non standard (AOSP) way of waking up the display.
I tried to use various other Xposed modules but none removed the plug in wake.

It works like this:

• Screen wake on plug in - changes android.os.PowerManager#newWakeLock(ACQUIRE_CAUSES _WAKEUP | SCREEN_BRIGHT_WAKE_LOCK, "charger plug") to PARTIAL_WAKE_LOCK only (based on fix by @tdunham http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2799050). Again, this is S5 only fix.
  • Screen wake on unplug - sets config_unplugTurnsOnScreen to false (this is well known and used solution)
  • Beep on plug in - disables com.android.systemui.power.PowerUI#playSound(1)
No Wake On Charge is also available from Xposed Module Repository (source).

This is great! Is there something similar for "No wake on Dock"? Ideally, I'd like to disable docking all together. A next best would be to stop wake on dock.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Xposed Framework Modules by ThreadRank