No registration required

[MOD] No Wake On Charge v0.3.1 [TW/S5]

OP moneytoo

18th November 2014, 02:39 PM   |  #51  
Thanks Meter: 24

159 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneytoo

Version 0.2 should fix that (beep and dialog waking up the screen).

Sweet, new update! Is that the only change?
19th November 2014, 01:14 AM   |  #52  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 521

1,134 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldeveraux

Sweet, new update! Is that the only change?

Yep. Plus last update (v0.3) should hopefully get rid of the final case (wake up when wireless charging finishes charging battery).
19th November 2014, 01:43 AM   |  #53  
Thanks Meter: 787

1,468 posts
Donate to Me
More
@moneytoo

Is there anything I can provide to help get this working for the 4.4.4 based TouchWiz ROMs for the S5?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to claytonjn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th November 2014, 05:03 AM   |  #54  
Thanks Meter: 92

496 posts
deep sleep bug
@moneytoo hopefully I'm not the only one that's been experiencing this, but I've noticed according to 'A1 CPU Tool' that my phone no longer goes into deep sleep after charging my device wirelessly with this module loaded. I tested this by rebooting my device and leaving my device alone to verify it's capable of achieving deep sleep. Few minutes later I began charging via a wireless charging pad and after removal from the pad I left it alone to go into deep sleep. It never did. I rebooted and repeated the steps except this time I charged via a wire where it did go into deep sleep after removing it from charge. Wondering if it was a fluke I placed it back on the wireless charger and again it never went into deep sleep after removal. Final test I disabled the module, rebooted and charged wirelessly before removing it from the pad and letting it go into deep sleep. This time, deep sleep was achieved. Unfortunately Xposed Installer does not show any issues in the logs for when this module is loaded and when placed/removed from the charger so I'm not sure what's preventing the device from going into deep sleep. I'm on T-Mobile's 4.4.2 stock ROM with Wanam Xposed being the only other Xposed module that has anything to do with wireless charging... let me know if you're able to reproduce this and if you need anything from me to diagnose.
7th December 2014, 11:54 PM   |  #55  

496 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimm0k

@moneytoo hopefully I'm not the only one that's been experiencing this, but I've noticed according to 'A1 CPU Tool' that my phone no longer goes into deep sleep after charging my device wirelessly with this module loaded. I tested this by rebooting my device and leaving my device alone to verify it's capable of achieving deep sleep. Few minutes later I began charging via a wireless charging pad and after removal from the pad I left it alone to go into deep sleep. It never did. I rebooted and repeated the steps except this time I charged via a wire where it did go into deep sleep after removing it from charge. Wondering if it was a fluke I placed it back on the wireless charger and again it never went into deep sleep after removal. Final test I disabled the module, rebooted and charged wirelessly before removing it from the pad and letting it go into deep sleep. This time, deep sleep was achieved. Unfortunately Xposed Installer does not show any issues in the logs for when this module is loaded and when placed/removed from the charger so I'm not sure what's preventing the device from going into deep sleep. I'm on T-Mobile's 4.4.2 stock ROM with Wanam Xposed being the only other Xposed module that has anything to do with wireless charging... let me know if you're able to reproduce this and if you need anything from me to diagnose.

@moneytoo are you not experiencing this no sleep bug with your module?
8th December 2014, 12:06 AM   |  #56  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Prague

1,134 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

@moneytoo are you not experiencing this no sleep bug with your module?

I don't but I also didn't notice any issue when I was using wireless charging. If it's wakelock issue causing device not entering deep sleep, you should be able find that wakelock with tools like BetterBatteryStats.
8th December 2014, 12:51 AM   |  #57  

496 posts
Quote:

I don't but I also didn't notice any issue when I was using wireless charging. If it's wakelock issue causing device not entering deep sleep, you should be able find that wakelock with tools like BetterBatteryStats.

@moneytoo looks like according to BBS the culprit is PowerManagerService.Broadcasts that's stuck preventing the device from going to sleep. any idea why this might be happening when this module is loaded and used?
8th December 2014, 10:32 PM   |  #58  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Prague

1,134 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

@moneytoo looks like according to BBS the culprit is PowerManagerService.Broadcasts that's stuck preventing the device from going to sleep. any idea why this might be happening when this module is loaded and used?

Should be fixed now.
The Following User Says Thank You to moneytoo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th December 2014, 11:36 PM   |  #59  

496 posts
Quote:

Should be fixed now.

thank you for the quick fix!
14th December 2014, 11:13 PM   |  #60  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
:(
4.4.4 NK4 update on SM-G900P broke this module for me
Last edited by wvufankevin1991; 14th December 2014 at 11:21 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread