OP Senior Member
Flag Cowtown, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,212

2,467 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by furboom1240

Something just dawned on me. Would it be possible to decompile older Facebook apps (older than version 14) in order to snag the code Facebook has now omitted? Then, with the code @agentdr8 has in a repo, we can put that code into a contact sync app that won't require Facebook involvement?

I'd also like to note that this app should have the ability to create accounts on the device, but it should only work if Facebook is installed and signed in, so it can piggyback contact sync quietly.

It's possible, but at that point you might as well make a standalone FB syncing application.
The Following User Says Thank You to agentdr8 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th January 2015, 08:54 PM   |  #162  
Thanks Meter: 5

44 posts
More
Well, but with third party apps you will always have the problem of the missing private API key that is exclusive to Facebook's own apps, won't you? You will never have access to contacts data as this is exclusive to Facebook's apps.
6th January 2015, 09:11 PM   |  #163  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cowtown, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,212

2,467 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankog

Well, but with third party apps you will always have the problem of the missing private API key that is exclusive to Facebook's own apps, won't you? You will never have access to contacts data as this is exclusive to Facebook's apps.

That's true. I don't believe the contact sync classes can just be lifted from the FB app and just used though; lots of massaging would need to be done to get it functioning.
9th January 2015, 07:08 PM   |  #164  
Flag Ossining
Thanks Meter: 39

125 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankog

Actually, there IS a solution to this issue. Samsung has their own SNS application that utilizes the Facebook contact sync adapter. I believe that app allows the sync process without modifying the ContactsProvider.apk file at all.

Maybe if we decompile that app maybe a solution can yield to skinless, AOSP versions of Android.

I will continue to edit and add information to this post as it becomes available to me. I appreciate your patience. Please avoid jumping to conclusions until I finalize my report.

Sent from my One M8 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to furboom1240 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread