FORUMS

Beats Music No Longer Accepting New Accounts

Whenever Apple launches a new product or service, it definitely manages to grab the … more

Do You Do Self-Repairs on Your Devices?

As smartphone designs become more and more complex, self-repairs on devices are also becoming … more

Sony Z4 Slips Out of Top 5 Smartphones in Japan

In a bid to streamline its flagship series which had been losing credibility over the … more

Sprint’s New Unlimited Plan with Ridiculous Capped Speeds

The carrier game in the United States is perpetually rushing forward at … more

[MOD][Xposed] XFBSync - Restore native FB contact sync via Xposed [CM10+]

2,871 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,384

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
23rd June 2015, 12:15 AM |#301  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpheOtus

Did the change work!?

Still working for me. If you want to try it out for yourself download SQLite Editor or a variant (if you don't already have it), open the following table data/data/com.facebook.katana/databases/prefs_db and search for config/gk/values/contacts_sync_android . Set type = '1' and value = '1'. That setting along with this module has fixed the low res Facebook contact photo issue for me.
Last edited by HiImEd; 23rd June 2015 at 12:22 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to HiImEd For This Useful Post: [ View ]

23rd June 2015, 01:02 AM |#302  
Ft. Benning
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiImEd

Still working for me. If you want to try it out for yourself download SQLite Editor or a variant (if you don't already have it), open the following table data/data/com.facebook.katana/databases/prefs_db and search for config/gk/values/contacts_sync_android . Set type = '1' and value = '1'. That setting along with this module has fixed the low res Facebook contact photo issue for me.

I got SQLite Editor and found table data/data/com.facebook.katana/databases/prefs_db but I can't figure out how to get to config/gk/values/contacts_sync_android . What am I missing? Thanks
23rd June 2015, 01:10 AM |#303  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahunter

I got SQLite Editor and found table data/data/com.facebook.katana/databases/prefs_db but I can't figure out how to get to config/gk/values/contacts_sync_android . What am I missing? Thanks

Tap preferences and then use the magnifying glass to search for config/gk/values/contacts_sync_android. The results should only display one row. Tap the row and use the pencil to edit.
23rd June 2015, 01:32 AM |#304  
Ft. Benning

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiImEd

Tap preferences and then use the magnifying glass to search for config/gk/values/contacts_sync_android. The results should only display one row. Tap the row and use the pencil to edit.

Your instructions are fine but I am not seeing the mag glass after tapping preferences. What version of FB are you using? I have tried everything from 33 some thing on up to 35. I had it working yesterday but had the problem with picture res. Now today I can't figure out what I did different to get past the FB settings, I just don't see the menu choice today. So I am starting over fresh. Thanks
24th June 2015, 03:35 AM |#305  

More
Quote:

Your instructions are fine but I am not seeing the mag glass after tapping preferences. What version of FB are you using? I have tried everything from 33 some thing on up to 35. I had it working yesterday but had the problem with picture res. Now today I can't figure out what I did different to get past the FB settings, I just don't see the menu choice today. So I am starting over fresh. Thanks

I just updated to 36.0.0.39.166 and expected the config/gk/values/contacts_sync_android setting to reset. The value and type maintained a 1 in each column though and the high res pic option is still available.
Last edited by HiImEd; 24th June 2015 at 03:40 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to HiImEd For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th June 2015, 10:43 PM |#306  
Ft. Benning

More
Thanks agentdr8, this is great work. So I have everything working but I loaded up the FB ver 35 apk but now it is ver 38*** in the play store. I am wondering if anyone uses the Play Store FB app and if I do will the automatic updates break my config/gk/values/contacts_sync_android changes. I am thinking it will, but after making the changes no big deal. This is the only thing out there connecting to FB on the phone .

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

Got it! Thanks
Last edited by ahunter; 24th June 2015 at 10:41 PM.
24th June 2015, 10:46 PM |#307  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cowtown, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,384

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks agentdr8, this is great work. So I have everything working but I loaded up the FB ver 35 apk but now it is ver 38*** in the play store. I am wondering if anyone uses the Play Store FB app and if I do will the automatic updates break my config/gk/values/contacts_sync_android changes. I am thinking it will, but after making the changes no big deal. This is the only thing out there connecting to FB on the phone .

Every time the FB app updates on the Play Store this thread gets renewed activity. They just can't leave stuff alone, so updates tend to break the mod. If you're happy with how things are, I'd recommend not allowing auto-updates for the FB app.
The Following User Says Thank You to agentdr8 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th June 2015, 11:08 PM |#308  
Ft. Benning

More
Thanks. I just double checked and I actually uploaded the 37 ver apk and I am good. If I did the auto updates I'd forget about the edits & screw up the install procedure, like I did for the last 3 days, leaving me to think that this doesn't work.
25th June 2015, 05:48 AM |#309  
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 321

More
This is working great for me, thank you. CM12.1 / OnePlus One
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread