Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[MOD][XPOSED][2014/04/12 1.00]Xperia Stamina Mode LED

OP itandy

11th April 2014, 06:15 PM   |  #1  
itandy's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 1,065
 
1,730 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
This Xposed module restore LED functionality of Xperia devices when Stamina mode is enabled. Normally, when enabled, Stamina mode either disable the device LED or force it to show only white color.

Requirements
1. Your phone must be rooted
2. Xposed framework must be installed first http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1574401
3. Xposed library 2.2 is required

Instructions
  1. Install the module
  2. Run Xposed Installer and enable the module Xperia Stamina LED
  3. Reboot the phone

Source code
You can find source code for this module from GitHub here.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...eriastaminaled

Attached Files
File Type: apk XperiaStaminaLed_1.0.apk - [Click for QR Code] (10.9 KB, 718 views)
Last edited by itandy; 12th April 2014 at 09:24 AM.
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to itandy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th April 2014, 01:56 AM   |  #2  
Kocayine's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 166
 
1,164 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Well how about that, I finally got my Stamina working and I notice this white-only LED and went on adventure on how to fix this and here you were. Thanks man, gonna try right away and report back.
12th April 2014, 02:16 PM   |  #3  
drsoran2's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Germany
Thanks Meter: 207
 
587 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
I don't really know what the purpose of this module is.


The LED remains active in Stamina mode since I believe the 4.2. update for the Xperia Z in mid 2013 or even earlier in one of the newer 4.1. official firmwares...

The same goes for the Z1 and Z1 compact so there is really no need for it.

People don't even need root as it is active with stock Sony firmware.
12th April 2014, 03:50 PM   |  #4  
Kocayine's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 166
 
1,164 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by drsoran2

I don't really know what the purpose of this module is.


The LED remains active in Stamina mode since I believe the 4.2. update for the Xperia Z in mid 2013 or even earlier in one of the newer 4.1. official firmwares...

The same goes for the Z1 and Z1 compact so there is really no need for it.

People don't even need root as it is active with stock Sony firmware.

Umm... I had some trouble with Stamina so I used the SuperStamina.apk from Existenz' rom v5. Then it worked but LED with white when stamina was active... and that is based on 10.4.B.0.569 which is afaik 4.3... So, I dont know.. I thought it was supposed to be fixed as well, but apparently not? This module helped...

Still, stamina is some wonky ****, it's like its random whether or not it works.
12th April 2014, 05:06 PM   |  #5  
itandy's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 1,065
 
1,730 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drsoran2

I don't really know what the purpose of this module is.


The LED remains active in Stamina mode since I believe the 4.2. update for the Xperia Z in mid 2013 or even earlier in one of the newer 4.1. official firmwares...

The same goes for the Z1 and Z1 compact so there is really no need for it.

People don't even need root as it is active with stock Sony firmware.

Then you're very fortunate that the LED continue to work properly when stamina mode is enabled. For many other Xperia devices (I'm using ZR and many other 2012 models), Sony decided to disable LED or make it to display white color only when stamina mode is enabled. Previously people had to mod the SuperStamina.apk to restore LED, now I hope they find it easier with this Xposed module.
The Following User Says Thank You to itandy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th April 2014, 05:45 PM   |  #6  
Kocayine's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 166
 
1,164 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by itandy

Then you're very fortunate that the LED continue to work properly when stamina mode is enabled. For many other Xperia devices (I'm using ZR and many other 2012 models), Sony decided to disable LED or make it to display white color only when stamina mode is enabled. Previously people had to mod the SuperStamina.apk to restore LED, now I hope they find it easier with this Xposed module.

I bet the fortunate ones simply just have a malfunctioning stamina :P I mean ive been rolling with stamins "enabled" for quite a while now with fine notification LEDs but I found out it wasnt working at all lol
12th April 2014, 06:49 PM   |  #7  
dipesh1502's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag MUMbai
Thanks Meter: 3,756
 
2,389 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
Donate to Me
More
Working like a charm in my xsp
Great work
17th April 2014, 01:55 PM   |  #8  
grisu59964's Avatar
Member
Flag Paderborn
Thanks Meter: 19
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Works great on Z1 Compact with firmware 14.3.A.0.757 (Android 4.4.2).
The LED was the only reason I disabled the Stamina mode. Thank you very much!
5th May 2014, 08:26 PM   |  #9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
69 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kocayine

I bet the fortunate ones simply just have a malfunctioning stamina :P I mean ive been rolling with stamins "enabled" for quite a while now with fine notification LEDs but I found out it wasnt working at all lol

May I ask how you figured out stamina mode was not working (properly or at all)? Reading all this, I began to wonder as my LED notification seems to work while stamina mode is switched on (now, I don't know if it is really working or just pretending to do so).
6th May 2014, 04:51 AM   |  #10  
itandy's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 1,065
 
1,730 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurstwarenfachverkäuferin

May I ask how you figured out stamina mode was not working (properly or at all)? Reading all this, I began to wonder as my LED notification seems to work while stamina mode is switched on (now, I don't know if it is really working or just pretending to do so).

What device are you using?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes