Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,105 Members 52,237 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MODULE][4.0+] NoSafeVolumeWarning

Tip us?

pyler
Old
(Last edited by pyler; 18th April 2014 at 09:58 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 357
Default [MODULE][4.0+] NoSafeVolumeWarning

Module hides safe volume warning. Tested and worked. on Nexus 7. It should work for every device.

Download it in Xposed repo:
http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.p...evolumewarning

Source code of 1.1: http://pastebin.com/DJwuc08J
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pyler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MBariya
Old
Thanks Meter 219

DONATE TO ME
Not working on Note 2 with 4.4.2 leak rom.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

pyler
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 357
try new version! it should work for all now!
The Following User Says Thank You to pyler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

darthsmoke
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyler View Post
Hi! I'm using the latest version on ZTE Grand X In, but it has no effect, it doesn't work. Android 4.0.4 modded stock ROM, x86.

pyler
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 357
Works on my Samsung device with 4.2.2 and Nexus 7 with 4.4.2. You need ROM close to AOSP. ZTE probably did some changes here.
The Following User Says Thank You to pyler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MBariya
Old
Thanks Meter 219

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyler View Post
New version woking....with Note 4.4.2 Rom....
Good Job....

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Gynoid
Old
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Doesn't work on Huawei G740 with 4.1.2, rooted stock ROM

Sent from Tapatalk 4.4

GuccizBud
Old
(Last edited by GuccizBud; 27th June 2014 at 06:49 PM.) Reason: Update with results
Thanks Meter 0
Default Yes, then No?:confused:

Note II, rooted stock 4.1.2. Interestingly, it worked… then it didn't. I tested it right after installing/activating it (just by playing a vid and cranking the volume up past the point the message normally appears) and there was no message. Satisfied, I forgot about it 'til the next day… at which point I started getting the message again.

I'm gonna uninstall the module tonight, reboot, reinstall, reboot twice, and see what's what, after which I'll probably update this post. I hope it works because that message is QUITE annoying.

EDIT

Did the above: uninstall, reboot, reinstall, activate, reboot twice, try it out and… it worked. But then the next day (today) I tried it out again AND… it still works. So don't know what happened that first time. I supposed it's not impossible for the same thing to happen again at some point, but it looks fine for now.

GuccizBud
Old
(Last edited by GuccizBud; 1st July 2014 at 08:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuccizBud View Post
Note II, rooted stock 4.1.2. Interestingly, it worked… then it didn't. I tested it right after installing/activating it (just by playing a vid and cranking the volume up past the point the message normally appears) and there was no message. Satisfied, I forgot about it 'til the next day… at which point I started getting the message again.

I'm gonna uninstall the module tonight, reboot, reinstall, reboot twice, and see what's what, after which I'll probably update this post. I hope it works because that message is QUITE annoying.

EDIT

Did the above: uninstall, reboot, reinstall, activate, reboot twice, try it out and… it worked. But then the next day (today) I tried it out again AND… it still works. So don't know what happened that first time. I supposed it's not impossible for the same thing to happen again at some point, but it looks fine for now.

*** UPDATE 2014 July 1 ***

Either two or three days after the above EDIT, which was when I had reinstalled the module and it was working, it stopped working again. In the end the only difference between this second time and the first time is the time it took to revert : 2–3 days this time, 1 day ( i.e. the very next day ) last time.

Here's something that's maybe interesting though. I knew from the last time that if I uninstalled, then reinstalled, it would begin working again, so I tried something else : simply deactivating then reactivating the module in Xposed installer, with reboots in between … and it worked.

I don't know if that last point tells Xposed-savvy devs and users anything useful, but in the meantime, and in the interest of minimizing the time (number of steps) to get it working again when it does die, I'll try seeing what the fewest number of reboots is to do that. Just now when it worked there were 3 reboots, which is too many to consider doing it that way if a permanent solution isn't found. I did this :

• deactivate module in Xposed
• reboot ①
• reactivate module in Xposed
• reboot ②
• reboot ③

I'll try eliminating ③ first because I expect it to be the least significant one, then see if it works if I skip ①, and finally ②, which I expect is the most significant/least expendable reboot. Damn good thing this phone reboots pretty fast.

amPOGIko
Old
Thanks Meter 0
So did it work?