Announcement from DHM47: Please use the "feature request" tab ^
21st March 2015, 12:26 PM   |  #641  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 335

252 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotey

Ok, as promised, here's the screenshots (and screen recordings)

Actually, sadly while testing, I found out that versions later than 2.5.1 to be a lot buggier.

All the GIFs are from Galaxy SII (4.1.2)
All the MP4s are from Zenfone 5 (4.3)

Tested versions 2.5.1, 2.9, 2.9.1, 3.0.2 on 4.1.2 device.
Tested versions 2.9, 2.9.1, 3.0.2 on 4.3 device.

Summary:

Android 4.1.2
2.5.1 - ok
2.9.0 - transparency bug, popup bug
2.9.1 - transparency bug, paste bug, popup bug
3.0.2 - transparency bug, paste bug, popup bug

Android 4.3
2.9.0 - popup bug, unreadable title text
2.9.1 - paste bug, popup bug, unreadable title text
3.0.2 - paste bug, popup bug, unreadable title text

Notice that v3.0.2 inherited all bugs since v2.9.1.

Also, I can't confirm if the bugs are related to different Android versions or brand specific bug. What I can report if applicable, are all here.

Report:

The filenames are given with version number plus short descriptions and android version. I hope it's understandable. You might have to play them several times to understand what I'm demonstrating. (the GIFs are 1sec frames looped)

Also included, static screenshots that shows clipboard being on top at random, I'm not sure if it's intentional but there's no way to prevent it from popping up from top. I liked it on bottom, and predictable. A configuration perhaps?

And, since everyone was asking for a material Floating Button, what we have so far is the "Test" button. What we should really have is an "Add" button in the 'add blacklist' window. For now, we got a black "ADD" and "HELP" text on a dark purple titlebar, which makes it barely unreadable. Screenshots attached for the mentioned windows. Maybe on systems with dark themes the text are white but on my light themed device, the texts are black, thus unreadable.

Conclusion:

Confirmed all my reports in previous post. Versions greater than v2.5.1 have display problem on 4.1.2.

While v2.9 works without problem on 4.3, v2.9.1 and up (including v3.0.2) has that nasty paste bug and also the unpredictable popup location. I noticed that using certain keyboard will cause it to pop from top while using another will cause it to pop from bottom. Clicking inside text boxes without keyboard, or hiding keyboard and then triggers the clipboard will be a puzzle game where you can never know from where it will pop from. I don't like puzzles when I'm working, but I have to accept v2.9 as it is. It's the only inconvenience so far. The bug also produceable on 4.1.2 device.

I'll stick to v2.5.1 on 4.1.2, and v2.9 (not v2.9.1) on 4.3.
For now.

And for the sake of the users, please make previous versions always available on the xposed repository to choose from . (I always have backups anyway)

First let me explain a main deffrence between 2.5.1 and the newer versions which is that the clipboard changed from a service to an activity.( reasons include the back buttons now works and services are not meant to show UI and other reasons)
Which created a problem for text fields that are at the bottom of the screen. because the the keyboard gets hidden and they fall behind the clipboard. So I made this work around which tries to detect the location and place the UI away from it.(Which you called random jumping) (This popup bug you're talking about ?)

As for the transparency bug are you using any thing to change my apps theme to dark? (Holo themer ?)

As for the un readable text I'll change them to icons and change "Add" to FAB

As for the paste bug that is really a bug. and I'll look into.

EDIT:Fixed text (see screenshot)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-03-21-16-05-09.png
Views:	72
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	3221658  
Last edited by DHM47; 21st March 2015 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Updated
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread