FORUMS

What Features Do You Look for in a Gallery App?

With so many different options to choose from, finding the right Gallery app may be a … more

Google Photos ‘Unlimited’ Storage Reportedly Being Capped

When Google Photos was announced, many of us thought very highly … more

Sprint Moves to Lift Video Streaming Limit for All-In

Yesterday, Sprint announced a new unlimited scheme that offered customers an … more

Xiaomi Releases Kernel Source Code For Mi4i

If you’ve been following the XDA News Portal lately, you might have noticed an … more

Native Clip Board [3.2] [3/4/2015]

278 posts
Thanks Meter: 362

By DHM47, Senior Member on 16th June 2014, 02:47 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Announcement from DHM47: Please use the "feature request" tab ^
16th June 2015, 12:19 PM |#701  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akt255

In most of the place it works. But when I open url bar in Opera mini ( may be same in uc browser), the long press 'paste button' won't work. Though if I type something there and select it, then usual clipboard menu appears and I can access clipboard page from there but not when url bar is empty.

Well you can "fix" this by going to Advanced and choose switch paste functionality.
This will make single click open the clipboard and will work everywhere,and long clicking pastes. However the places that long clicking doesn't currently work will stay that way .
So in your case you would only be able to paste from the clipboard in opera . (Was it clear ?)

20th June 2015, 10:13 PM |#702  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Hi There,

finally getting xposed working and discovered this app, really nice!

I am finding an issue with a particular app and trying to see what is going on. Native clipboard seems to work as expected on my other apps, but with my banking app, if I choose long press and hold to bring up the "paste" button, then single tap it does not paste. It will bring up the native clipboard manager. In other apps it seems to work as expected.

I toggled the settings in "Advanced" to see if that changed the behavior, but it did not. I also set it to compatibility mode to see if that would help. It is an S5, but I am running a custom rom (BlissPop), and that did not seem to change anything.

Do you have any suggestions what I might look at?

Really like the way it works and you've done a pretty nice job here!

Thanks
22nd June 2015, 04:39 AM |#703  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by microm3gas

Hi There,

finally getting xposed working and discovered this app, really nice!

I am finding an issue with a particular app and trying to see what is going on. Native clipboard seems to work as expected on my other apps, but with my banking app, if I choose long press and hold to bring up the "paste" button, then single tap it does not paste. It will bring up the native clipboard manager. In other apps it seems to work as expected.

I toggled the settings in "Advanced" to see if that changed the behavior, but it did not. I also set it to compatibility mode to see if that would help. It is an S5, but I am running a custom rom (BlissPop), and that did not seem to change anything.

Do you have any suggestions what I might look at?

Really like the way it works and you've done a pretty nice job here!

Thanks

Because like my bank, your bank is using a webview. So what you're seeing in the app is actually a Web page. That is why it's behaving like Chrome.
And like Chrome, there is only a single click. So it can only be one of them.
So the setting under advanced has nothing to do with it.
As for compatibility mode, it's needed if the things you are copying are not getting added to the clipboard.
So what do you suggest?
24th June 2015, 09:58 PM |#704  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHM47

Because like my bank, your bank is using a webview. So what you're seeing in the app is actually a Web page. That is why it's behaving like Chrome.
And like Chrome, there is only a single click. So it can only be one of them.
So the setting under advanced has nothing to do with it.
As for compatibility mode, it's needed if the things you are copying are not getting added to the clipboard.
So what do you suggest?

Sorry for the late response, was trying to play around with things to see If I could Identify what was going on.

That's the thing it isn't behaving like it does in chrome.. In chrome it seems to work as expected, I hold down till I see paste, then can long press to bring up Native clipboard, or just tap paste to paste my link.

With this app if I single click on paste, then native clipboard pops up first, where it should not appear unless I longpress.

Really might be difficult to troubleshoot, since I'd rather not give out that information. Just responding with some comments, and so you it didn't appear I was ungrateful and not respond.
25th June 2015, 04:07 AM |#705  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by microm3gas

Sorry for the late response, was trying to play around with things to see If I could Identify what was going on.

That's the thing it isn't behaving like it does in chrome.. In chrome it seems to work as expected, I hold down till I see paste, then can long press to bring up Native clipboard, or just tap paste to paste my link.

With this app if I single click on paste, then native clipboard pops up first, where it should not appear unless I longpress.

Really might be difficult to troubleshoot, since I'd rather not give out that information. Just responding with some comments, and so you it didn't appear I was ungrateful and not respond.

In Chrome the address bar behaves different than webpages,so open any site that has a text field (like xda) and try clicking paste (also use chrome stable or beta ,not Dev)
The Following User Says Thank You to DHM47 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th June 2015, 07:25 PM |#706  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
App doesn't work well within Textra. Similar to someone who posted above, I have to go through this long and tedious process of typing something, long tap to select it, tap clipboard, select copied text, erase temporary text, long tap in empty space so simple "paste" button appears, paste.

Long tapping the paste button doesn't seem to open the clipboard app. Is there a way to fix this without having to use the "workaround" mentioned of switching tapping/long tapping functionality? It's a bit annoying to have to tap 5 times every single time in order to paste something even if it's the most recently copied item.
30th June 2015, 08:04 PM |#707  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidred7697

App doesn't work well within Textra. Similar to someone who posted above, I have to go through this long and tedious process of typing something, long tap to select it, tap clipboard, select copied text, erase temporary text, long tap in empty space so simple "paste" button appears, paste.

Long tapping the paste button doesn't seem to open the clipboard app. Is there a way to fix this without having to use the "workaround" mentioned of switching tapping/long tapping functionality? It's a bit annoying to have to tap 5 times every single time in order to paste something even if it's the most recently copied item.

I have new approach to how the app functions (independent of Xposed, but requires 4.3+) and it worked with Textra but it still needs some work and a lot of testing.
I'll be posting a test version soon here on the thread .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DHM47 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th June 2015, 10:19 PM |#708  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHM47

I have new approach to how the app functions (independent of Xposed, but requires 4.3+) and it worked with Textra but it still needs some work and a lot of testing.
I'll be posting a test version soon here on the thread .

Sure. Just let me know, please!

Looking forward to testing it out!
Yesterday, 05:46 PM |#709  
Flag HKG
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Is that possible to add option to retain the clip board history after reboot? Thanks
Yesterday, 06:30 PM |#710  
Thanks Meter: 1,686

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raychak

Is that possible to add option to retain the clip board history after reboot? Thanks

Doesn't retain on your device? Then it's a bug
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread