Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

PlayPermissionsExposed - Fix the new Play Store permissions system

16th February 2015, 08:52 AM   |  #71  
Thanks Meter: 5

31 posts
N4501hellscore, and working well, thanks a lot.
17th March 2015, 10:09 PM   |  #72  
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
App works well under Lollipop. Sort of. Apps with new permissions at first don't get updated. But later I notice that they've been updated. Perhaps this could be fixed with an option to disable automatic updates on a given app when it has permissions changed? This would then require re-enabling updates on that app manually, but I don't see that as a very big change from intended functionality, though I don't know how difficult/possible it would be to implement.
17th March 2015, 10:37 PM   |  #73  
Flag SLO
Thanks Meter: 2,341

3,831 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efreak2004

App works well under Lollipop. Sort of. Apps with new permissions at first don't get updated. But later I notice that they've been updated. Perhaps this could be fixed with an option to disable automatic updates on a given app when it has permissions changed? This would then require re-enabling updates on that app manually, but I don't see that as a very big change from intended functionality, though I don't know how difficult/possible it would be to implement.

You can disable auto update in the Play Store, highly recommend you do that.
17th March 2015, 11:59 PM   |  #74  
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkt_Lnt

You can disable auto update in the Play Store, highly recommend you do that.

I use this module is so I don't have to disable it for everything. It's not that big a deal to scroll down to view permissions on new apps before installing them. All I want is for apps with new permissions to not get updated automatically.

This is all I want:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermainZ

[*]Require you to manually update apps with new permissions (regardless of the category).

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread