FORUMS

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

Recent App Cleaner V2.0

279 posts
Thanks Meter: 345

By safet.me, Senior Member on 28th April 2014, 12:24 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
13th June 2015, 11:06 AM |#161  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Childe

How about a simple force-close foreground app option without clearing recent apps? Not exactly what the mod was designed for, but I'm on ColorOS and cannot use the FC foreground app function in Gravity Box.

Try use Servicely.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...anco.servicely

13th June 2015, 02:35 PM |#162  
London
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lossyx

Try use Servicely.

No, I don't want to automatically kill services/apps.... just the foreground app (the open, on-screen app) - FC when I've finished with it.

Description of Servicely: "if that service or app is running on the foreground this app won't kill it.". So that's no good.
3rd July 2015, 07:38 AM |#163  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Whitelist
Is it possible to whitelist an app from being removed from recent list? It would really help if this feature is implemented.
3rd July 2015, 07:41 AM |#164  
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 322

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techminator

Is it possible to whitelist an app from being removed from recent list? It would really help if this feature is implemented.

Go to "Cleaner Settings" -> "Whitelist apps from cleaning" (or similar, I am using the German version, so I do not know the exact phrases for other versions).
3rd July 2015, 11:46 AM |#165  

More
There is no any whitelist option in settings.
3rd July 2015, 11:48 AM |#166  
Flag Cologne

More
Quote:

There is no any whitelist option in settings.

Open Recent App Cleaner. Choose the second menu entry (Clean preferences). In the submenu, choose again the second menu entry (Exclude Apps). This one should be responsible for excluding apps from being cleaned.
3rd July 2015, 11:59 AM |#167  

More
Ah got it but unfortunately I don't have the donate version. Danke.

I use a combination of greenify to hibernate apps which slow down system and those which auto wake up along with this app to auto clean the recent app list.

I wonder if the recent app list consumes battery/CPU. I know for sure it consumes memory depending on how many apps are in the list.
3rd July 2015, 12:15 PM |#168  
Flag Cologne

More
Quote:

Ah got it but unfortunately I don't have the donate version. Danke.

I use a combination of greenify to hibernate apps which slow down system and those which auto wake up along with this app to auto clean the recent app list.

I wonder if the recent app list consumes battery/CPU. I know for sure it consumes memory depending on how many apps are in the list.

Android is very capable of doing RAM management by itself. If RAM is low, it kicks out apps which are currently using RAM, but are not running in the foreground. The big deal about this behaviour is that apps can restart themself and thus go back into RAM. But don't worry, you might stop using Recent App Cleaner (RAC) if you use Greenify, which hibernates apps until the user opens them manually.
3rd July 2015, 03:09 PM |#169  

More
but greenify does not clear the recent app list that's why I'm using RAC. I'm not sure though if the app list consumes battery or CPU. Any idea? If it does not consume any battery then I'd not use it but I don't see a way to find out.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread