Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,675 Members 46,249 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][ENGINE][2.3.6+][Xposed] Resflux - A powerful and very easy to use per-application theming module.

Tip us?

J_M_V_S
Old
Thanks Meter 230
This is a great app! Thank you very much! I've been using it since yesterday and modified a few apps (translations)

There seems to be problems with apps that have multiple language strings. It would be great to be able to select which strings.xml to load.
The Following User Says Thank You to J_M_V_S For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rayjr13
Old
(Last edited by rayjr13; 20th July 2014 at 07:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_M_V_S View Post
This is a great app! Thank you very much! I've been using it since yesterday and modified a few apps (translations)

There seems to be problems with apps that have multiple language strings. It would be great to be able to select which strings.xml to load.
this was going to be the next thing I mentioned to you after
  • colors
  • laboratory package name header [after mapping resources can you add a header that has the package name in it so we know which package we are editing]
  • import drawables
  • string language selection [I mentioned that once I got malay strings, and once some other language strings I didn't recognize, but most times english]
  • support for other /framework/ apks e.g.: com.htc.resources; framework-htc-res; twframework-res; etc [/system/framework/com.htc.weather.res.apk works fine; com.htc.socialnetwork.res.apk seems to work as well]
The Following User Says Thank You to rayjr13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rayjr13
Old
(Last edited by rayjr13; 23rd July 2014 at 07:58 PM.)
Thanks Meter 87
I'm noticing that there are icons in my "Android" package /system/framework/framework-res.apk that are not actually in the apk.

Likewise there are icons in my "HTC Framework" package /system/framework/framework-htc-res.apk that are not actually in the apk.

In fact the icons that don't belong in Android are from HTC framework, and the ones in HTC framework reside in Android....weird. I will try to swap some and let you know

so far this is what I know:

files shown in Framework-res that are in Framework-res and ROM pulls from framework-res: :stat_sys_download_anim0 PASS
files shown in Framework-res that are in framework-htc-res;
files shown in framework-htc-res that are in framework-htc-res:
files shown in framework-htc-res that are in Framework-res: icon_launcher_airplane FAIL; icon_btn_highlight_dark FAIL ; icon_btn_profile_dark FAIL

stat_notify_wifi_in range is both apks and show in both packages. I know from experience the ROM pulls it from framework-htc-res. It shows in both package mappings in Resflux. But neither replacements changes the icon.

pretty sure an issue is that the same file names exist in both apk. Not sure that the replacements are being detected from or attributed to the correct apk.

scrollbar_handle_accelerated_anim2.9 and other pngs are named in both files maybe that is the conflict. Sense statusbar mod Xposed module has a similar difficulty with Sense6 at the moment. I will keep testing to see which item work and report back. I still think this belongs lower on your priority list if you decide to address it.

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to rayjr13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rayjr13
Old
(Last edited by rayjr13; 26th July 2014 at 06:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 87
Default com.htc.resources

I'm going to try just manually adding these icons to the data/...packages since Resflux cannot map com.htc.resources and create the folders. Will report on how it goes

Did not work. No image replacement no napped res, lab still fc on choosing a tab inside com.htc.resources package in lab.

Running out of ideas. @agentdr8 is working on a similar project albeit specific to sense focused mainly on systemUI and /framework/ apk image replacement. Hopefully one of you makes headway on a way to touch these two apks via xposed. And hopefully your way will allow for twframework for touchwiz as well. My work phone is this but I haven't tested it with Resflux.

Thanks for improving this. Resflux is my favorite thing about Android!

rayjr13
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Default com.htc.launcher

This package fc when clicking on the drawables tab in the laboratory. Otherwise it shows other resources in their tabs
Attached Files
File Type: zip logcat_and_device_info[1].zip - [Click for QR Code] (7.2 KB, 0 views)

rickberg
Old
Thanks Meter 78
I'm not able to find the recompiler anywhere is there A link for it

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Free mobile app

rayjr13
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Com.htc.launcher. HTC BlinkFeed is the only /system app that fc on me but pushing the items to the /data/data ....package folder did work.

sent from my T6DNA

BOY_
Old
Thanks Meter 385
Anyone tried this on the LG G2?
Check out my LG Home themes here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2678514

Please contribute to the beer fund:

sidvizioso
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Works wonderfully on my Xperia Z1 (stock 4.4.4)!

Suggestions: add a search filter to search name and modified apps, and filters in laboratory to search strings/names/bool/etc.

I have also a question: i changed some bools (removed data disabled notification and enabled call recording) in Semcphone.apk succesfully, but changed images doesn't show after restart (i'm talking about changing dialer buttons). Some advices? My rom is stock odexed+root

Thank you all
Time is a constant threat to my existence