Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,957 Members 40,056 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][ENGINE][2.3.6+][Xposed] Resflux - A powerful and very easy to use per-application theming module.

Tip us?

FdeKlerk
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjr13 View Post
I could use the tips I've failed at transparent theming so far. Mostly bacause when I make thing transparent I end up with white backgronds usually. I thikn it's because I dont have a good transparent .9.png to swap in for many of the tiles and background images in the apps.
I have been successful in some and failed in other.

I do not know why but if someone can show us the way it would be nice...

But regarding my own experience, changing the .png file and the color code does work sometime.
I just cant get whatsapp to pick up the combined code and png.

IF I HELPED YOU, PLEASE SAY THANKS!

rayjr13
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by FdeKlerk View Post
I have been successful in some and failed in other.

I do not know why but if someone can show us the way it would be nice...

But regarding my own experience, changing the .png file and the color code does work sometime.
I just cant get whatsapp to pick up the combined code and png.
I think the real issue for some apps like it says in the TBO guide is that some apps have colors hard coded and not referenced to color names.in the color.xml only way to know for sure what is what is to decompile and read through the code to see what controls what sometimes.

my next attempt this weekend hopefully will be to clear out google search using the tbo app and res as a guide. I did the same thing with ES explorer and it worked pretty well now I don't have to wait for an tbo update to see their mods on a new version.

FdeKlerk
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
I think the real issue for some apps like it says in the TBO guide is that some apps have colors hard coded and not referenced to color names.in the color.xml only way to know for sure what is what is to decompile and read through the code to see what controls what sometimes.

my next attempt this weekend hopefully will be to clear out google search using the tbo app and res as a guide. I did the same thing with ES explorer and it worked pretty well now I don't have to wait for an tbo update to see their mods on a new version.
May i please have your ES explorer?

And keep me posted on how you come along with your modding. I am unable to decompile, never was able to so i do not know how to.

rayjr13
Old
Thanks Meter 106
I agree though:

I think it is time to setup a resXploit/REsflux theming exchange thread. where Since the compiler isn't working, we can share our per app or Sense, touchwhiz, framework groups export zips with each other. I've dark themed a few banking apps and travel apps that might be cool to other people.
Most difficult part though is going to be where some people have to up size there icons (like me) and their not being a scaler in the module unlike on xposed statusbar mods for sense

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

Quote:
May i please have your ES explorer?

And keep me posted on how you come along with your modding. I am unable to decompile, never was able to so i do not know how to.
I may have to ask for permission to distro since it really isn't my work but more of a port. But the method i used to see how it would work is:

install the app
map resources in Resflux
(unfortunately) go color by color and save the designated app colors as the mod color. e.g. app color is default #ff252525 set the color is resflux to #fe252525 then back to #ff252525. The original color should be shown but then as green/modified.
same thing above for strings, bools, ints
grab the mapped drawables from the apk (and if the resize for resflux isn't required) drop them into the data/data/com.iwisd..../packages/...drawable folder.
set ownership and permissions appropriately
rename the .9.png to .png since resflux doesn't handle them correctly otherwise.

real trick is using the xposed installer log to delete errant variables when they get removed from future app updates. Like if a color or image is not in a new version it will cause a fault in xposed and will stop the rest of the script from running.
changes can be deleted by removing the associated file from the /data/data...package folder

you could then export the "theme" and someone else could import the theme.

FdeKlerk
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
I agree though:

I think it is time to setup a resXploit/REsflux theming exchange thread. where Since the compiler isn't working, we can share our per app or Sense, touchwhiz, framework groups export zips with each other. I've dark themed a few banking apps and travel apps that might be cool to other people.
Most difficult part though is going to be where some people have to up size there icons (like me) and their not being a scaler in the module unlike on xposed statusbar mods for sense

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

I may have to ask for permission to distro since it really isn't my work but more of a port. But the method i used to see how it would work is:

install the app
map resources in Resflux
(unfortunately) go color by color and save the designated app colors as the mod color. e.g. app color is default #ff252525 set the color is resflux to #fe252525 then back to #ff252525. The original color should be shown but then as green/modified.
same thing above for strings, bools, ints
grab the mapped drawables from the apk (and if the resize for resflux isn't required) drop them into the data/data/com.iwisd..../packages/...drawable folder.
set ownership and permissions appropriately
rename the .9.png to .png since resflux doesn't handle them correctly otherwise.

real trick is using the xposed installer log to delete errant variables when they get removed from future app updates. Like if a color or image is not in a new version it will cause a fault in xposed and will stop the rest of the script from running.
changes can be deleted by removing the associated file from the /data/data...package folder

you could then export the "theme" and someone else could import the theme.
I do agree, but starting a post like this would take time to gather contributors.

And thank you will see if i can get my es to mod the way you are explaining it to me.

I am on touchwiz, and would love some to help us get a bit of basic 101 on how to use resflux and what codes mean what...

rayjr13
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Quote:
I do agree, but starting a post like this would take time to gather contributors.

And thank you will see if i can get my es to mod the way you are explaining it to me.

I am on touchwiz, and would love some to help us get a bit of basic 101 on how to use resflux and what codes mean what...
Any of the touchwiz theming threads should help you identify the correct parameters for what parts for theming. the better question is to determine if resflux can modify the touchwiz apks in the /system/framework folder, twframework-res.apk on my Note ROM.

I may look at that myself but I'm more concerned with theming my HTC Sense rom.

alphamale
Old
(Last edited by alphamale; 13th September 2014 at 09:08 PM.)
Thanks Meter 43
I'm trying to change status bar icons using png images that I extract with my root explorer but the images are very small see left hand corner is there any way too make biggerName:  uploadfromtaptalk1410638772213.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  60.8 KB

rayjr13
Old
(Last edited by rayjr13; 13th September 2014 at 09:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I'm trying to change status bar icons using png images that I extract with my root explorer but the images are very small see left hand corner is there any way too make biggerAttachment 2936030
Been mentioned many many times in the thread, mostly by me have the same issue on most apps. Some rom/app dpi combo mean you will have to resize all you images. as a reference 72x72 for me works out to either 160x160 or 192x192 I can't remember which. trial and error but for a given app on your rom it should be consistent scaling across all you images. I assume you are theming SystemUI? This has been a common issue since resXploit.
The Following User Says Thank You to rayjr13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rayjr13
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Default Rayjr13's fly delta dark theme

Anyone want to play with this and see if they like it. I made it a while ago and have used it for flights etc. Works fine. Curious to see how it imports. Then maybe I'll share one that has more drawable replacements as well. Some of the more offensive strings I toned down for this version. Anything offend you, change it.

Send some feedback.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Fly_Delta_Dark.resflux.zip - [Click for QR Code] (35.5 KB, 2 views)

alphamale
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Thanks @rayjr13. Does anyone know how to change headphone icon in status bar when headphones are in jack I edited image in android framework stat_sys_headset with no results. Also hangouts sms icon i edit every stat icon in hangouts without any effect