[XPOSED] Samsung Kitkat SystemServer Crash Fix (for random reboots)

OP thomashofmann

18th October 2014, 03:27 PM   |  #151  
Thanks Meter: 5

42 posts
More
Will this work on a note 2? Verizon model to be exact
18th October 2014, 03:41 PM   |  #152  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 111

45 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by godly967

Will this work on a note 2? Verizon model to be exact

You have to try. It will probably work in case you have the same bug in the firmware. It is not S4 specific. Try and install and if you do not customize the settings you will see a notification as soon as a crash is prevented.
19th October 2014, 05:12 PM   |  #153  
Thanks Meter: 1

231 posts
More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomashofmann

You have to try. It will probably work in case you have the same bug in the firmware. It is not S4 specific. Try and install and if you do not customize the settings you will see a notification as soon as a crash is prevented.

I've made the mistake of updating my s4 yesterday, i woke up in the morning, and there was an update on my Verizon s4, and without thinking chose to do it.
I'm having random reboots (counted over 30 yesterday, 6 today) I run my own business, and need a phone that doesn't reboot.
i went here and installed this- http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.ro...osed.installer
after install i opened the app and it says under framework in red.. th latestst version of xposed is currently not active, did you install framework and reboot, so i clicked on framework, then hit install/update, and i get this error failed to get root access, make sure your device is rooted properly and you have not blocked shell commands.

then i re-read this thread, and people mention towel root, i installed that, and towelroot states your device is not supported.

Can someone please guide me in the right direction, monday is right around the corner...and the S4 just rebooted itself 2 times while writing this!
About phone
model number SCH-i545
droid version 4.4.2
baseband version - i545VRUFNG6
Kernel version - 3.4.0 dpi@SWDD5822 #1 (Thursday Aug 28th 17:57:44 KST 2014
Build number - KOT49H.1545VRUFNG6
SE for android status - enforcing SEPF_SCH-i545_4.4.2_0027 Tue Sep 02 14:19:26 2014
Secure boot status - type samsung
Hardware version i545.07
Security software version MDF v1.0 Release 3

i will paypal donation for help in fixing this.
thank you.
19th October 2014, 05:35 PM   |  #154  
Flag Murfreesboro
Thanks Meter: 209

501 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtacybyme

I've made the mistake of updating my s4 yesterday, i woke up in the morning, and there was an update on my Verizon s4, and without thinking chose to do it.
I'm having random reboots (counted over 30 yesterday, 6 today) I run my own business, and need a phone that doesn't reboot.
i went here and installed this- http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.ro...osed.installer
after install i opened the app and it says under framework in red.. th latestst version of xposed is currently not active, did you install framework and reboot, so i clicked on framework, then hit install/update, and i get this error failed to get root access, make sure your device is rooted properly and you have not blocked shell commands.

then i re-read this thread, and people mention towel root, i installed that, and towelroot states your device is not supported.

Can someone please guide me in the right direction, monday is right around the corner...and the S4 just rebooted itself 2 times while writing this!
About phone
model number SCH-i545
droid version 4.4.2
baseband version - i545VRUFNG6
Kernel version - 3.4.0 dpi@SWDD5822 #1 (Thursday Aug 28th 17:57:44 KST 2014
Build number - KOT49H.1545VRUFNG6
SE for android status - enforcing SEPF_SCH-i545_4.4.2_0027 Tue Sep 02 14:19:26 2014
Secure boot status - type samsung
Hardware version i545.07
Security software version MDF v1.0 Release 3

i will paypal donation for help in fixing this.
thank you.

Use Chainfire's CF-Autoroot to root, then use Odin to install TWRP recovery (optional but recommended). After that, install Xposed framework and reboot, then enable this module in Xposed and reboot one more time, then you should be right as rain.

You can find CF-Autoroot on Chainfire's website. Google "CF-Autoroot for SCH-i545." TWRP has an app called TWRP Manager in the Play store. You can install that or use Odin to flash it. Same result either way.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.
19th October 2014, 06:13 PM   |  #155  
Thanks Meter: 1

231 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HampTheToker

Use Chainfire's CF-Autoroot to root, then use Odin to install TWRP recovery (optional but recommended). After that, install Xposed framework and reboot, then enable this module in Xposed and reboot one more time, then you should be right as rain.

You can find CF-Autoroot on Chainfire's website. Google "CF-Autoroot for SCH-i545." TWRP has an app called TWRP Manager in the Play store. You can install that or use Odin to flash it. Same result either way.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

thanks for reply Hampthetoker,
i found and downloaded odin (i grabbed 3.10) - http://odindownload.com/
however searching for CF-Autoroot for SCH-i545 and then looking through the list here - ( http://autoroot.chainfire.eu/#fastboot) i'm not finding anything for I545. ( i do see I535)any further info/link you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
19th October 2014, 06:48 PM   |  #156  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 111

45 posts
Donate to Me
Flash a Stock Rom with Odin that is rootable with towelroot. I don't know which one is the last one where towelroot still works but I guess you can google that. Then root with towelroot and install xposed. This is how I would try. I don't know if there are any specialities with Verizon devices since I live in Europe. Then stay on that Rom and don't accept ota. You might need to disable some auto update apps. I think I read about something like this in the very long towelroot thread.
Yesterday, 01:10 AM   |  #157  
Flag Murfreesboro
Thanks Meter: 209

501 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thread from the Verizon S4 forums. You'll get more device specific information here.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread