[XPOSED] Samsung Kitkat SystemServer Crash Fix (for random reboots)

OP thomashofmann

11th January 2015, 12:34 AM   |  #211  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 292

235 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikerim

Thx Thomas. I activated like you told. I will report if it works on my I9515XXUN1ANI3 firmware version.

You also need to install the xposed framework with the xposed installer in case you didn't.
The Following User Says Thank You to thomashofmann For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th January 2015, 12:49 PM   |  #212  
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomashofmann

You also need to install the xposed framework with the xposed installer in case you didn't.

Yes I did and YES it worked. This morning several crash prevented reports! So for the record, it works also on I9515XXUN1ANI3 firmware version. Donation is coming. One happy user more on the list Thank you!
Last edited by sikerim; 11th January 2015 at 05:20 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to sikerim For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th January 2015, 02:52 PM   |  #213  
Thanks Meter: 0

58 posts
does this apply to all kitkat 4.4.2?

searching the forums i'm seeing a lot of posts about 4.4.2 causing random reboots not just for the s4 but for the nexus and other tablets etc.

i have a note pro 12.2 and the only 3 firmware releases they have official stock are all 4.4.2 and i have this random reboot issue. i can't figure out what it is.. it appeared to happen when i was using the facebook app and once you scroll through like 4000 friends the cache and ram is fully used when i lock the screen it would then reboot.. but then it also did it when i plugged in a samsung usb 2.0 charger (it came with a usb 3.0) and also when i unmounted the sd card.. so it seems a mix of problems causes the reboot.

i dont want to root but is there anyway i can narrow down what is causing the reboot?

i'm fine with it if it is just a firmware issue, my concern is a hardware issue.. is there anyway i can check this?

so far i've factory reset (seemed ok for a little bit then i reloaded my apps) still seemed ok, so i got wakelock detector (if any of you know it cant be used without root access on 4.4.2 but there is a non root workaround where you used adb terminal to load it.. im not sure if that's the cause of the rebooting?) ironically when you reboot it yourself you have to go through all the steps again of using adb terminal in order to get wakelock detector to work on kitkat yet when it soft reboots itself wakelock detector is still working it's like it's not even a proper reboot

seemed ok for a little while.. then i transferred about 6gb of movies from my samsung phone via wifi direct to the tablet. (same thing i did on saturday before it started rebooting) seemed ok.. but then when i unmounted the sd card.. the reboot came back i decided to enable all apps again (i always disable apps in all setting bloatware all the ones i can without root it saves so much battery) to test if that's causing the reboot (tho i might need to reboot it myself to test it) so far is ok

i can't figure out what;s causing it. my next plan is to factory reset again (i really hate to do this takes ages loading everything again adding passwords to apps then disabling apps i dont need. if that fails i'll use odin to flash the latest firmware it's on so there's a clean version on it rather than the OTA updates it did on top of one another.. if that fails i'll flash the original firmware it came with.. and if it still does it i have no choice but to return it

where i bought it from have no stock as it was a sale item so i can get my money back but i love this tablet and want to keep it.. is there anyway above what i have written that it might be hardware or is it too difficult to say until i done all the steps above?
14th January 2015, 10:52 PM   |  #214  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 292

235 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete101

does this apply to all kitkat 4.4.2?
where i bought it from have no stock as it was a sale item so i can get my money back but i love this tablet and want to keep it.. is there anyway above what i have written that it might be hardware or is it too difficult to say until i done all the steps above?

It's difficult to say really. For the S4 some people say they have absolutely no reboots even after rooting, some have even without rooting. The module also worked on other devices for some users here.
All I can say is that the code that is crashing is not really safe. It makes an assumption that is not true at least for some ROMs.
I would say the easiest way is to just try it out. That would mean that you need to root. I understand that you do not want to do that.

To figure out what is causing the crashes or reboots I see two options:

1) When the device crashes a lot of information is usually written to /data/log. I don't know if you can read from that directory without root but if you can you should find files that contain detailed information about the problem. This will included messages from Android log (which you otherwise see using logcat). Copy the file dumpstate_app_error.txt.gz to external storage and then to your PC, unpack it and the study the logs. You might also other important files in this dir.

2) You can also attach the device to your PC and run logcat from the PC. Then you need to trigger the crash somehow and save the logcat at that time to see what was causing the crash.
16th January 2015, 07:55 PM   |  #215  

1 posts
Please help me, I have reboots since the first day and I installed this module and didn't solve it.

I have an at&t i337 S4, it came with the i337UCUFNC1, so yes, the one with locked bootloader. I first rooted with towelroot v3, installed SuperSU, then Xposed and then the module, nothing happened, it kept rebooting, no notifications from the module, nothing. Then i factory reset and wipe, reboots again, i did the xposed instalation process again (root, supersu, xposed, module) this time with more careness in case i missed something, still reboots.

So
If someone with NC1 could confirm it has worked for them i would give him a big thanks! at least i would know it's another thing.
Could this be maybe because it didn't root well? i don't know..
Do you think that if i install the NB1 (with this method right here) would work?
I could do a logcat, but I don't know what to search for. Tips?
I don't know guys... just help me, please
17th January 2015, 01:54 PM   |  #216  
Thanks Meter: 1

51 posts
I love it and downloaded it and will try these within 3 days, if never auto shutdown and i will says thanks a lot u help me from random boot

Sent from my GT-I9505

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

Still reboot by itself

Sent from my GT-I9505
31st January 2015, 01:03 AM   |  #217  
Thanks Meter: 5

15 posts
This fix really works
Thank you! I had just about had it with this brand new Note 12.2 Pro, as I was setting a crash every 30 seconds or so. I'd reinstalled the firmware about 5 times (once I think I nearly bricked it and had to go to the Samsung service centre to get sorted). I messed up rooting a couple of times and did countless resets. Thanks to this site I discovered Xposed and this module which has sorted it.

What I don't understand though is how Apps which are frozen in Titanium can still cause a system crash. All my KnoX and com.sec.knox type apps are frozen so should not be a problem. According to the error report there are some more 0:com.sec.knox apps still causing a problem - does anyone know how to freeze them permanently?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshots_2015-01-30-17-20-31.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	233.4 KB
ID:	3142077  
1st February 2015, 05:08 PM   |  #218  

6 posts
Awesome, this module was the fix for random reboots on my Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2...I just got like 20 crash prevented notifications, thanks so much for providing this! There's 2 friends with Samsung galaxy tab pro 8.4s that I rooted and I am sure have the same problem, now I can fix their's too.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread