Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,757 Members 36,621 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Support SMS Blocker on Android 4.4(KitKat)

Tip us?
 
HassanM
Old
#21  
HassanM's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 479
Posts: 1,254
Join Date: Aug 2012
Hi..

I just installed this module.... But I believe somèthing is not going right....
Im using SMSBlocker by Optinno (Premium Version)...
Right after installing smsblocker (as before) it asked me to use it as the default messaging app...
Can u plz shed some light on the issue...

Thanks in advance


Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4 - Hassan K. Malik
Hassan Khalid Malik

🌟🌟🌟OMEGA ROM Team Member🌟🌟🌟
Samsung Galaxy S4 I-9500 ● Omega Rom 24, Perseus 19.1 Alpha, Philz Touch Recovery 6, Xposed Framework & Custom (CPU) init.d Script / Audio w/DSP init.d Script ●
Samsung Galaxy S3 I-9300 ● Omega Rom 59, Boeffla-Kernel 5.4 - Beta 4, Philz Touch Recovery 6, CrossBreeder, Xposed Framework & Custom (Audio w/DSP) init.d Script ●
 
aliuwr
Old
#22  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 22
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by HassanM View Post
Hi..

I just installed this module.... But I believe somèthing is not going right....
Im using SMSBlocker by Optinno (Premium Version)...
Right after installing smsblocker (as before) it asked me to use it as the default messaging app...
Can u plz shed some light on the issue...

Thanks in advance


Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4 - Hassan K. Malik
I think the Optinno was detected KitKat, so ask you for be default messaging app.
You need to use the old versions before KitKat.

I will try to find the way to cheat them, so let it worked like before KitKat.
 
HassanM
Old
#23  
HassanM's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 479
Posts: 1,254
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliuwr View Post
I think the Optinno was detected KitKat, so ask you for be default messaging app.
You need to use the old versions before KitKat.

I will try to find the way to cheat them, so let it worked like before KitKat.
Thanks.... Waiting for your reply/solution.....

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4 - Hassan K. Malik
Hassan Khalid Malik

🌟🌟🌟OMEGA ROM Team Member🌟🌟🌟
Samsung Galaxy S4 I-9500 ● Omega Rom 24, Perseus 19.1 Alpha, Philz Touch Recovery 6, Xposed Framework & Custom (CPU) init.d Script / Audio w/DSP init.d Script ●
Samsung Galaxy S3 I-9300 ● Omega Rom 59, Boeffla-Kernel 5.4 - Beta 4, Philz Touch Recovery 6, CrossBreeder, Xposed Framework & Custom (Audio w/DSP) init.d Script ●
 
Dr.ghanem
Old
#24  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Oct 2013
Exclamation Not working..

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliuwr View Post
This module let you can use SMS Blocker in Android 4.4 (KitKat).

Since KitKat, Google has changed the policy of SMS Application. Only the default SMS application can write SMS, and the broadcast of SMS_RECEIVED can't abort anymore. All of SMS Blocker before KitKat can't work either.

This module revert the SMS bordercast mechanism to before, so you can still use the favoured SMS Blocker.
After install it, you need enable "Write SMS" permission in AppOps for SMS Blocker, otherwise SMS Blocker can't restore blocked SMS.

Downloads

XDA:DevDB Information
KitKat SMS Blocker Patch, Xposed for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
aliuwr
Xposed Package Name: com.czbix.xposed.kitkat_sms_patch

Version Information
Status: Stable
Current Stable Version: 1.2
Stable Release Date: 2014-08-26

Created 2014-08-22
Last Updated 2014-08-25
Great job , But as soon as i installed it on my Smasung S5 , G900F running android 4.4.2 it does some thing to the rcived unblocked SMS...I get notification that an SMS received but when I take a look at the messages I can not see any thing...this happens to people who are not in my block list...As for the Black list app it worked like magic with this patch..
 
Diversant87
Old
#25  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Krasnoyarsk

 
DONATE TO ME
I can't get any sms's if this module is active I have this bug for stock messenger only (4.4.2 for N7100). Hangouts with this module works
 
aliuwr
Old
#26  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 22
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diversant87 View Post
I can't get any sms's if this module is active I have this bug for stock messenger only (4.4.2 for N7100). Hangouts with this module works
Maybe Samsung do something in the SMS app. I was tested with the SMS app in CM, and it's very closed to stock Android.
Can you send the apk to me, let me try to figure out reason.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes