Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Support SMS Blocker on Android 4.4(KitKat)

OP aliuwr

15th December 2014, 03:44 PM   |  #51  
Thanks Meter: 7

55 posts
Thanks, works well for me with SMSFilter from Vadim Milyukov (there seem to be several blockers with very similar names/icons on the market.)
15th December 2014, 03:57 PM   |  #52  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 19

33 posts
More
Thanks for you report! It's works because it's too old, it's made before KitKat.
15th December 2014, 03:58 PM   |  #53  
OP Member

33 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by siddesu

Thanks, works well for me with SMSFilter from Vadim Milyukov (there seem to be several blockers with very similar names/icons on the market.)

Thanks for you report! It's works because it's too old, it's made before KitKat.
17th December 2014, 05:20 PM   |  #54  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
not working
Hi there, so I downloaded this module in hope that Blacklist will finally work to block SMS, but it still doesn't. Do I need to use Blacklist Pro? I always went into AppOps, but I couldn't find anything that said "Write SMS" in the Blacklist section. Is there something else I need to do? Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliuwr

This module let you can use SMS Blocker in Android 4.4 (KitKat).

Since KitKat, Google has changed the policy of SMS Application. Only the default SMS application can write SMS, and the broadcast of SMS_RECEIVED can't abort anymore. All of SMS Blocker before KitKat can't work either.

This module revert the SMS bordercast mechanism to before, so you can still use the favoured SMS Blocker.
After install it, you need enable "Write SMS" permission in AppOps for SMS Blocker, otherwise SMS Blocker can't restore blocked SMS.

Downloads

XDA:DevDB Information
KitKat SMS Blocker Patch, Xposed for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
aliuwr
Xposed Package Name: com.czbix.xposed.kitkat_sms_patch

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.2
Stable Release Date: 2014-08-26
Current Beta Version: 1.3
Beta Release Date: 2014-09-29

Created 2014-08-22
Last Updated 2014-09-29

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

Hi, how did you get this to work with blacklist pro? Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by romano19

i cfm this module work fine with Blacklist Pro. no notif when received sms. but when I try to send messages directly from Blacklist software, it still appeared in the original messaging. i couldn't ask for better in KK. Tks you so much

17th December 2014, 05:40 PM   |  #55  
OP Member

33 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allisonccp

Hi there, so I downloaded this module in hope that Blacklist will finally work to block SMS, but it still doesn't. Do I need to use Blacklist Pro? I always went into AppOps, but I couldn't find anything that said "Write SMS" in the Blacklist section. Is there something else I need to do? Thank you.

This module isn't designed with Blacklist. Blacklist should works without this module.
You can try the SMS blocker at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=51
18th December 2014, 02:11 AM   |  #56  
Thanks Meter: 76

763 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allisonccp

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

Hi, how did you get this to work with blacklist pro? Thank you

you can try Backlist pro + xposer to active module. Work with received SMS, don't work with send SMS
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread