[Xposed][MOD][1.15.1] AppOpsXposed - AppOps for 4.3+

Tip us?

caspase
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtworkowsky View Post
Im having trouble getting appops to install on my device... i have a Sprint LG FLEX which is 4.4.2 i have the xposed installer and i am rooted... can anyone help me out... i CAN download appopps it just wont install, keeps saying there is a parshing problem
Are you sure that you're running 4.4.2 (KitKat)? My guess is you're running 4.2.2 (Jellybean), so you're out of luck. AppOpsXposed only works on 4.3 and above!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomohe View Post
I've tried V1.5.1, 1.5 and 1.3 on an HTC Sensation running sultan's CM11 ROM. I get the "unfortunately settings has stopped" message whenever I try to change any permissions.

Is this a problem with HTCs?
Please try unticking "Use layout fix" in the settings. Also, send me your Xposed Installer Logs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2uzer View Post
Installed with no issues on my Nexus 5, I have changed a few settings on some apps for example;
I turn OFF location on Facebook, but when I open FB app it still finds my location , ,, any suggestions ?
I'm stock rooted exposed installed .

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
AFAIK AppOps has some issues when revoking the location permissions; given the incomplete status of App ops per se, these issues
aren't that surprising. I have no time to fix App ops itself, so you might be better off using XPrivacy!

Jtworkowsky
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by caspase View Post
Are you sure that you're running 4.4.2 (KitKat)? My guess is you're running 4.2.2 (Jellybean), so you're out of luck. AppOpsXposed only works on 4.3 and above!

Please try unticking "Use layout fix" in the settings. Also, send me your Xposed Installer Logs!

AFAIK AppOps has some issues when revoking the location permissions; given the incomplete status of App ops per se, these issues
aren't that surprising. I have no time to fix App ops itself, so you might be better off using XPrivacy!
Yea it is 4.4.2 JB Ive looked and CM doesnt have anything for the LG Flex.. would you know of any Rom that runs 4.4.2 KK? Or if CM is planning on doing it for lg flex?

caspase
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtworkowsky View Post
Yea it is 4.4.2 JB Ive looked and CM doesnt have anything for the LG Flex.. would you know of any Rom that runs 4.4.2 KK? Or if CM is planning on doing it for lg flex?
No idea, but you could use XPrivacy!

winamp26
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Im on slimkat3 and Appops doesn't show auto start and wakeup.
Do you have any idea?

Sent from NEXUS CM11-kitkat
Phone: Galaxy Nexus (Maguro)
ROM:VanirAOSP-4.4.2-Nightly 04/18/14
Kernel: Fancy-R50

caspase
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by winamp26 View Post
Im on slimkat3 and Appops doesn't show auto start and wakeup.
Do you have any idea?

Sent from NEXUS CM11-kitkat

these are cm-specific changes that were introduced in nightlies >= 2014-01-28. is your rom based on a nightly after this date? also, please send me the Xposed Installer's logs!

winamp26
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by caspase View Post
these are cm-specific changes that were introduced in nightlies >= 2014-01-28. is your rom based on a nightly after this date? also, please send me the Xposed Installer's logs!
rom= slimkat build 3 stable
android version=4.4.2
device=maguro
logs attached.
Phone: Galaxy Nexus (Maguro)
ROM:VanirAOSP-4.4.2-Nightly 04/18/14
Kernel: Fancy-R50

Vlad Paul
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Brilliantly. Thank you nice for this module. Is very useful for me.
Nexus 4 stock, kernel stock, rooted + xposed

wilflare
Old
Thanks Meter 53
@caspase

thanks for your hardwork on this module. I read your post on the differences between this module and XPrivacy.
I would like to seek your opinion on the differences between this and App Settings (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2437377)

I know App Settings offer more options but if we look strictly at the permissions setting, are this mod and App Settings (and by extension, XPrivacy), all doing the same thing? - restricting and revoking permissions?

This is not about disabling services right?

Hgneto
Old
(Last edited by Hgneto; 16th March 2014 at 09:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Hello, I installed this module on my nexus 5 (running 4.4.2 and custom ROM) and it doesn't show up on the setting section... Also, when I click on the AppOpps icon on my app drawer, it crashes "...stopped working.."
Please help... Thanks!

cpugeeker
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgneto View Post
Hello, I installed this module on my nexus 5 (running 4.4.2 and custom ROM) and it doesn't show up on the setting section... Also, when I click on the AppOpps icon on my app drawer, it crashes "...stopped working.."
Please help... Thanks!
it doesnt work with 4.4.2