XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[XPOSED][MOD][4.0+] CompleteKeyguardDisabler completely disables your keyguard

Tip us?

dtreth
Old
(Last edited by dtreth; 17th January 2014 at 04:06 PM.) Reason: New APKs
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default [XPOSED][MOD][4.0+] CompleteKeyguardDisabler completely disables your keyguard

NEW! Navbar button issue appears to have been resolved.

This is my first go at an Xposed module, or any Android app for that matter, so wish me luck!

Intro:
Anyway, I was using a lot of Xposed mods that were cool, but my IT policy has the lockscreen set to pin or password and none of the bypasses around quite gave me what I wanted. LucasR93 created this really nice mod for those of you that really like just a sliding lock on your screen, but I really wanted to use the fantastic NFCSecure Lockscreen, which works best with no lockscreen enabled at all. (PS. you guys should check out NFCSecure, it's so much easier than even a pattern! And the developer is pretty responsive, open to any suggestions you have. *this spot is not paid for by the developer of the app. I just really like it that much*)
So, I made my own mod.

What it does:
The mod utilizes the Xposed Framework to find the KeyguardViewMediator class and hook the doKeyguardLocked method, completely mocking it out. Therefore, any time the system tries to lock the screen it'll just go down the memory hole, and do nothing. Thus, even if you have a device policy mandating a pin/password the phone will never lock, ever.

This works like the aforementioned mod by LucasR93, in that it doesn't touch the actual lock policy or setup; if you go into your settings, to the security section, you will see all of the settings as normal. Nothing that needs the pin/password will complain because as far as they know it works just fine. This is (IMHO) much safer than attacking the policy and security parts of the OS directly, as they could open some more serious vulnerabilities.

What devices this mod works on:
I only have a Droid MAXX running 4.4 right now, but the way the code is implemented it should be able to work on anything 4.0+ and AOSPish, as long as Xposed Framework works properly.

Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 reported working, KitKat stock and ParanoidAndroid ROM.

I'd like to formally request anyone running Xposed on 4.0-4.3 to test this and give feedback as to if it works on these devices.
I am using some of the info provided to LucasR93 to try to also add support for the HTC lockscreen but I'll need some HTC testers for that one.

Installation Instructions:
Ensure that the Xposed Framework (a.k.a. Xposed Installer) is installed and properly functioning on your device.
Go to the Download section of the Xposed Installer, or here, to find the Complete Keyguard Disabler. Check the box in the Xposed Installer Modules list, and reboot the phone.
Upon reboot, you may or may not see your lockscreen. Some devices (Nexus devices it seems) show the lockscreen on boot, but never again. Some devices (Droid line, possibly Moto X) are completely unlocked upon reboot.
Every time your phone would normally lock, a log entry will be written to the Xposed log "Not locking the screen".

If it doesn't work:
Uncheck all other Xposed modules. Reboot. If it still doesn't work, copy the logs from the Xposed Installer and post them in this thread, with your phone model and Android version, and I'll try to help.

This new experimental build tries a few things, and logs a LOT of things. Try it out.

Is this unsafe?
Actually, maybe. If you lose your phone you will be unable to lock it remotely by using Android Device Manager (or probably carrier/manufacturer/corporate specific device admins as well). You can, however, locate and wipe without issue.

I am pondering a way to detect the ADM lock and toggle the screen, but if you use this to get NFC lockscreens working it's not something you have to worry about.

Special Thanks: @rovo89, obviously, for the Xposed Framework. @LucasR93, for his initial app that gave me most of the inspiration for this.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dtreth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hamidoo
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Does not work on my S4

No relevant logs found to post :/

dtreth
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamidoo View Post
Does not work on my S4

No relevant logs found to post :/
OK, first, Samsungs are usually nowhere near aosp, but I could try to see if I could make it work.

Second, what version of Android are you running? And is it a stock or custom ROM?

Third, I know you said nothing is relevant in the logs, but if you could post what's there I'd know if my module even loaded.

fabi280
Old
Thanks Meter 336

DONATE TO ME
It works on my nexus 4, but just partially.
As soon as the module is active and I chose anything else than no Lockscreen I'm getting a result as on the screenshot - no navigation keys
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1389712263974.jpg
Views:	957
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	2515462

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4
Current devices
PA nightlies for mako here: [GOO][UL.TO][D-H.ST]
LG Nexus 4: AOSPA 3.60 || faux123 Kernel // Stock Kernel || TWRP // CWM
Retired devices
HTC Sensation: ViperS || Bricked Kernel || 4EXT Recovery
HTC Legend: CM7 || CWM

dtreth
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabi280 View Post
It works on my nexus 4, but just partially.
As soon as the module is active and I chose anything else than no Lockscreen I'm getting a result as on the screenshot - no navigation keys
Attachment 2515462

Oh?! That's really interesting. It appears you have the lockscreen navigation bar. That's, if I may be candid, pretty cool . Can I get the android version you're on? I can assume I know what the log says (although this will give a hint as to your version as well). I have capacitive navigation keys, so I did not see that one coming.

fabi280
Old
Thanks Meter 336

DONATE TO ME
I'm on the latest Omni Rom build (14th January one, 4.4.2)

Current devices
Retired devices

dtreth
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
I'm on the latest Omni Rom build (14th January one, 4.4.2)

I'm working on it. Can you try something for me? Switch your keyguard to no lock (whatever got you the buttons) and reboot, then switch to a pin unlock and see if the mod works correctly.

fabi280
Old
Thanks Meter 336

DONATE TO ME
No, I'm getting those buttons on every setting except on the No Lockscreen setting.
Upon reboot the buttons are there, until I press the standby button, then they are gone and it doesn't matter whether I go from pin to pattern/swipe or pattern to pin/swipe or swipe to pattern/pin. They only go back to normal after setting it to no Lockscreen.

Current devices
Retired devices

dtreth
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
No, I'm getting those buttons on every setting except on the No Lockscreen setting.
Upon reboot the buttons are there, until I press the standby button, then they are gone and it doesn't matter whether I go from pin to pattern/swipe or pattern to pin/swipe or swipe to pattern/pin. They only go back to normal after setting it to no Lockscreen.

OK, so to be clear, if you boot up the phone in "No Lockscreen" you have the normal buttons (Back, Home, Recents) but the instant you enable any lockscreen you get the lockscreen navigation bar buttons, correct? You do not have to do a reboot to get the buttons to break? That makes it more straightforward to fix, I believe, but it isn't as clean of a solution.

I had thought maybe it was giving you those buttons because on boot the phone tries to start in locked mode, which I thwart. But it appears as if every time the phone is "locked" the system updates the navigation bar buttons and also shows the keyguard. I'll look into nuking these functions, but I was hoping i could just nuke the call that sets them that way.

fabi280
Old
Thanks Meter 336

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtreth View Post
OK, so to be clear, if you boot up the phone in "No Lockscreen" you have the normal buttons (Back, Home, Recents) but the instant you enable any lockscreen you get the lockscreen navigation bar buttons, correct? You do not have to do a reboot to get the buttons to break? That makes it more straightforward to fix, I believe, but it isn't as clean of a solution.

I had thought maybe it was giving you those buttons because on boot the phone tries to start in locked mode, which I thwart. But it appears as if every time the phone is "locked" the system updates the navigation bar buttons and also shows the keyguard. I'll look into nuking these functions, but I was hoping i could just nuke the call that sets them that way.
No, it doesn't matter which keyguard Mode i've set up before rebooting.
As soon as I am locking the phone I'm getting the Lockscreen navigation bar on unlocking again.
The only way to get back to normal is setting to no keyguard. And if I reboot without keyguard set, they don't switch to Lockscreen navigation bar after locking and unlocking.

Sorry English isn't my mother's tongue

Current devices
Retired devices

Tags
keyguard, xposed framework