Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,242 Members 50,868 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Xposed Tool] HKThemeManager v7.1- Change Theme CM, Xtheme, HKTheme for rooted Phones

Tip us?

calebcabob
Old
Thanks Meter 181
After skimming through some pages in this thread, I'm a bit confused about whether or not TouchWiz 4.4.2 - Samsung Galaxy S4 phones should work fine with this themer. Anybody know?
Posted with my XDA Premium VIP Gold app

spupuz
Old
Thanks Meter 238

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dully79 View Post
I'm currently working on a CM11 Theme.apk porting script. I may need a couple of testers in a week or so depending on how much free time i have to get it at a decent stage.

It currently reads the resources in assets\overlays\ and converts them into a named package redirection.xml (e.g. com_android_systemui), creates a redirection.xml and renames and moves resources (drawables, xml's) into the corresponding folder in an XTheme.apk ready for compiling.
I've a few more things i want to do before releasing it, but i would like some folks to try it out on some CM11 themes.

Send me a PM if your interested.
Interested too

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 utilizzando Tapatalk
Alessandro aka "SpUpUz" from italy
The Following User Says Thank You to spupuz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

raindayqb
Old
(Last edited by raindayqb; Yesterday at 01:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Great module !!!

Now I don't need to flash new rom to use theme engine
Thank you very much.
P.s: I really don't like the UI. So COLORED !!!

I've tried this theme but it doesn't show in search list ?! (I've selected data and system box in option)
Anybody can send me a theme you're using ?! I want to test

I tried a lot of themes that worked in my other phone with CM11 ROM but only few of them show in search list of HKTheme. That's disappointing

j1gga84
Old
Thanks Meter 585

DONATE TO ME
Working CM11 themes with HKThemeManager would be awesome so I would also test it if available
Because if this will work I can go back to SlimROM which still has no theme chooser integrated..

Regards

Device: Samsung Galaxy S2 (i9100)
[ROM][Weekly][I9100][KK][4.4.4][Linaro][SaberMod][O3] CyanogenMod 11 by Markox89
Kernel: gustavo_s
Governor: zzmove - Scheduler: noop
Modem: XXMS4
Launcher: Nova Launcher Prime
Theme: DarkHolo
Battery: 2000 mAh Samsung
Mods: 6 GB App Partition, several saving scripts and Xposed modules
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to j1gga84 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dully79
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 3069

DONATE TO ME
Thanks for the interest.
Hopefully there will be something this weekend.

Initially I'll look at getting themes running on aosp ROMs for 4.4 and look to possibly add redirections for TW and semc.
I may have to add an option to disable porting xml's across for ROMs on 4.3< in case they cause conflicts... But that is what testing is for

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dully79 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hopper8
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2359
@dully79 also another willing tester when the time has come

Sent from my Nexu5
The Following User Says Thank You to Hopper8 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rkoby13
Old
Thanks Meter 7440

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopper8 View Post
@dully79 also another willing tester when the time has come

Sent from my Nexu5
Hehe....let's do it....
Samsung Galaxy S II
Dualboot
[Secondary]Used for storing SlimSaber "R" 4.3.1(2014/08/04) as a nandroid ready to boot
>>>DorimanX Power Core kernel<<|>>10.43v119 by computoncio <<
The Following User Says Thank You to rkoby13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Facuu
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Here I am, let's try it.

zenosteam
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenosteam View Post
hi all well i am using note3 9005 with 4.4.2 rom version i have some trouble when i am trying to mod an d fix theme i attached log file hope tha you can help me to solve that
thanks
No idea ?

dully79
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 3069

DONATE TO ME
Just to clarify things as a few people have now mentioned me creating an app/module to support CM11 themes...I am not creating either.

Im creating a .bat script to run on Windows that will port CM11 themes to an XTheme.apk to be used on XTheme/HKTheme. Since the module for HKTheme and XTheme hasn't stepped forward to support CM11.apk's... im making the themes step back.

You may or may not be aware, all the drawable resources for CM11 themes now reside in "assets\overlays" and not "res\drawables". Also they no longer use redirection xml's.
Basically my script will work as follows:
  1. Input a CM11 theme.apk in "Folder A".
  2. Upon runnning the script and it will automatically detect the apk and set it as the project.
  3. Decompile it.
  4. Create all the redirection.xml's required.
  5. Cycle through the assets\overlays\*InsertPackageNameHere*\res\drawab le folders, and move them to the corresponding folder in the XTheme.apk.
  6. Some other stuff.
  7. Then compile, sign and zipalign then place the output in "Folder B" for installing.

This will all run automatically in one click but i will add a manual mode also.
Sounds simple enough, but unfortunately I'm no coder and I'm a 2 finger typer so these things take time.

I wont be porting boot animations and fonts or themed app icons. Although i might add an option to port the themed app icons to a separate apk to use with launchers like Apex and Nova.
If you want to check out the insides of a CMTheme.apk you can have a look here: https://github.com/aospax/android_pa.../kitkat/assets

Thanks to @existz as this is his theme im currently testing on.

Now im off for some more batch script writing.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dully79 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
android, cm theme, cyanogenmod, hk theme manager, themes, xposed, xtheme