Thanks Meter 3069
Join Date: Apr 2010
DONATE TO ME
Just to clarify things as a few people have now mentioned me creating an app/module to support CM11 themes...I am not creating either.
Im creating a .bat script to run on Windows that will port CM11 themes to an XTheme.apk to be used on XTheme/HKTheme. Since the module for HKTheme and XTheme hasn't stepped forward to support CM11.apk's... im making the themes step back.
You may or may not be aware, all the drawable resources for CM11 themes now reside in "assets\overlays" and not "res\drawables". Also they no longer use redirection xml's.
Basically my script will work as follows:
- Input a CM11 theme.apk in "Folder A".
- Upon runnning the script and it will automatically detect the apk and set it as the project.
- Decompile it.
- Create all the redirection.xml's required.
- Cycle through the assets\overlays\*InsertPackageNameHere*\res\drawab le folders, and move them to the corresponding folder in the XTheme.apk.
- Some other stuff.
- Then compile, sign and zipalign then place the output in "Folder B" for installing.
This will all run automatically in one click but i will add a manual mode also.
Sounds simple enough, but unfortunately I'm no coder and I'm a 2 finger typer so these things take time.
I wont be porting boot animations and fonts or themed app icons. Although i might add an option to port the themed app icons to a separate apk to use with launchers like Apex and Nova.
If you want to check out the insides of a CMTheme.apk you can have a look here: https://github.com/aospax/android_pa.../kitkat/assets
Thanks to @existz
as this is his theme im currently testing on.
Now im off for some more batch script writing.