FORUMS

Focus – An Attractive But Raw Gallery Replacement

Focus is an attractive new app built by XDA members Liam Spradlin … more

How to Root the LG G4 and Install TWRP Recovery – XDA TV

A rooting method has finally been found for the flagship LG G4. In this … more

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

[Xposed Tool] HKThemeManager v7.1- Change Theme CM, Xtheme, HKTheme for rooted Phones

193 posts
Thanks Meter: 560

By hdbk1986, Senior Member on 8th January 2014, 09:22 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
15th July 2015, 02:08 PM |#1171  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitcostantino

like this. and that theme

I was able to choose the themes now but it says it's corrupt or incompatible and when I try to modify it I get an error.

I guess CM themes are tough to modify to get working correctly on touchwiz.

I just want to modify the colors of the dropdown toggle switch menu and all the other stock galaxy screens.

15th July 2015, 10:58 PM |#1172  
Flag Mayberry
Thanks Meter: 228

More
Pretty much you will not have too much luck with Touchwiz or Htc Sense. Personally, if I am on a bootloader unlockable variant of either, I'm just going to run a modded cm build. I get where you are coming from, though, as my phone is not themable by any other means. I like the stock Moto software, but I like everything themed. Unless you have write protection off and root at minimum, you will be hard-pressed to theme a stock rom. even then, you have to decompile systemui.apk, framework-res.apk and any apps you want themed, recompile them, sign them (using apk tool and the original apk) then make a zip with an updater-script pointing at what to replace where. then, you still have to have w/p off and a custom recovery to flash your mod zip. OEMs should get with the times and build in a theming option. talk about a way to make people excited about stock software. Either way, I personally am never buying another phone that there is not bootloader unlock for. if that means no more Motorola, then so be it. (I own and have owned 14 or so Moto droid variants.) Fortunately for you, someone has probably done what you want for your phone, you just might have to dig *or* find a themer/dev that will make what you want. as much as I would like to see HK Theme come back, the changes in framework versus Xposed make it a nee ball of wax no one is working on. perhaps they simply can't. (not my area of expertise). I hear ya though. give me themes.
16th July 2015, 12:57 PM |#1173  
Flag Bhopal
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Does it work on lollipop stock rom 5.1 on moto x?

Sent from my XT1052
The Following User Says Thank You to ajsonofgod For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th July 2015, 12:28 AM |#1174  
Flag Mayberry
Thanks Meter: 228

More
on *my* Turbo, running mofo Lollipop (computerfreek274), at first, it crashed. I was also using Google Play Themes module, Holo themer premium +extension, and hk theme engine. The phone went unresponsive, black screened, and I booted to fastboot. from there, I booted to recovery, wiped cache, and managed to get a reboot. upon reboot, everything registered as activated, but no changes were made by HK. (as the framework for lollipop and KK has completely different resources for framwork and system ui. i use Big DX' JB Extreme Red theme for HK on KK. and a old version at that. I have had zero success with any other theme via HK Theme engine. The real answer is likely no. As far as I recall in this thread, HK will not work with anything formatted to cm11 up. Maybe one day Moto will realize how dumb customizing just the outside of the phone is, but for now, I went back to KK. (only possible if you don't OTA and use Mofo, as I presume you did as well considering you have root.)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, cm theme, cyanogenmod, hk theme manager, themes, xposed, xtheme
Previous Thread Next Thread