Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
25th August 2015, 03:46 PM |#111  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,750

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDFLucky

Check that /dev/log/radio exists and permissions = 666.

That file is written by the system. If it doesn't exist or has the wrong permissions, then something (app or script) is changing or deleting it.

Another option, besides my app getting killed and not receiving the broadcast to write to the log, is that the logcat is very busy and my logs are being purged before they're read by my app.

Sent from: SGS2 - JB 4.1.2 GB27 / SGS4 - JB 4.2.2 MF9

25th August 2015, 04:55 PM |#112  
The OC
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by egingell

That file is written by the system. If it doesn't exist or has the wrong permissions, then something (app or script) is changing or deleting it.

Agreed, and that's what I was getting at. I have an init.d script for just that purpose.
28th August 2015, 09:25 PM |#113  
Flag YVR
Thanks Meter: 675

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by egingell

Do you have something killing UnToaster?

Nope. No task killers, RAM optimizers of any sort, etc. Pretty much the same setup I am using on all my devices, and this is the only one having this issue. Like I said, the module itself works perfectly, if you know exactly what to configure (package name and the message). I just can't see its log.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDFLucky

Check that /dev/log/radio exists and permissions = 666.

Yes, it does. It's a zero-byte file with perms 666 (rw-rw-rw-), and root as the owner.
28th August 2015, 10:04 PM |#114  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,750

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-Froggy

Nope. No task killers, RAM optimizers of any sort, etc. Pretty much the same setup I am using on all my devices, and this is the only one having this issue. Like I said, the module itself works perfectly, if you know exactly what to configure (package name and the message). I just can't see its log.

Well, something is stopping the log. Either UnToaster isn't receiving the broadcast or something is spamming the logcat relentlessly making the relevant logs drop off.

Try getting me a logcat per the OP (in-app only gets "info" logs).

Sent from: SGS2 - JB 4.1.2 GB27 / SGS4 - JB 4.2.2 MF9
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
annoying toasts, block toasts, notifications, toasts, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)