FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][Xposed][4.0.3+] SwipeUpToSleep

16 posts
Thanks Meter: 31

By looklookson, Junior Member on 24th April 2015, 07:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Background
I am using HTC-E8. The power button is on the top of device which is difficult to turn screen off by using its power button. So I write this mod to let me turn of screen by just swipe up from home button

Function
This mod allow you swipe up from home button to turn off your screen.
Since swipe up from home button normally will trigger Google Now. This mod default will disable this gesture for trigger Google Now. However, you can have an option to enable Google Now by long press the home button.

Notes:
1. You must reboot your device to make your preference take effect.
2. I only test it on my HTC-E8 device with HTC Sense 6.0

Changes History:
2015-04-27 v0.83
1. Fix package name issues while download from Xposed repository
2. Add a function to completely disable "Google Now"
3. Add function on turning the threshold for triggering "Google Now"

Contributors
looklookson
Xposed Package Name: looklookson.swipeuptosleep
Attached Files
File Type: apk looklookson.swipeuptosleep_v083.apk - [Click for QR Code] (20.6 KB, 808 views)
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to looklookson For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift looklookson Ad-Free

24th April 2015, 09:29 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thumbs up Great work!!
Will test this module for sure~
If Dev can consider on including this swipe up gesture to run other actions or shortcuts will be even more fantastic!

Thanks for the great module!
24th April 2015, 09:41 AM |#3  
Flag Hanoi
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Thumbs up
It works but the threshold is too short, very easy to accidentally tutn off screen. Therrs no swiping up animation like woth google now but i just press on the home button a little longer than usual then the screen turns off. Please implement the now-like popup and ability to adjust threshold
24th April 2015, 06:58 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
"Package name is incorrect" on Xposed repository (aka can't download from xposed app)

I would also like to see the ability to change the threshold before screen turns off, and adding some kind of visual, whether it's Google's own one or a custom one, would be nice.
25th April 2015, 12:01 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
For me it works by swiping up on the home, menu, app drawer and back buttons on my LG G3. I like it that way since it's easier to toggle the screen off.
25th April 2015, 05:14 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Nice module I believe the same thing can be achieved with greenify which lets you default "hibernate and lock" to the swipe up shortcut. You don't need xposed for that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diaphragma For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Diaphragma Ad-Free
25th April 2015, 10:02 AM |#7  
Flag Senftenberg
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diaphragma

Nice module I believe the same thing can be achieved with greenify which lets you default "hibernate and lock" to the swipe up shortcut. You don't need xposed for that.

Well I dislike that greenify always locks the phone and I only want my screen turned off. With greenify it always prompts me to enter my unlock pattern and ignores Googles smart lock and for this is an annoyance.

But with this module it works like a charm.
The Following User Says Thank You to the_Calen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift the_Calen Ad-Free
25th April 2015, 11:32 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_Calen

Well I dislike that greenify always locks the phone and I only want my screen turned off. With greenify it always prompts me to enter my unlock pattern and ignores Googles smart lock and for this is an annoyance.

But with this module it works like a charm.

Alright I did not know greenify disables smart unlock.
25th April 2015, 01:04 PM |#9  
Flag Senftenberg
Thanks Meter: 20

More
It disables only Googles smart lock but not the app smart unlock ^^
The Following User Says Thank You to the_Calen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift the_Calen Ad-Free
25th April 2015, 02:32 PM |#10  
Flag Tiruppur
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Can this be done by swiping up the 'Recents' button instead of Home button?? *Idea!
25th April 2015, 02:52 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 181

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_Calen

It disables only Googles smart lock but not the app smart unlock ^^

Are you sure? Just tested it and smart lock does still work.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)