FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[AOSP/CM/HTC][LP-MM] Gesture Unlock with Custom Shortcuts

371 posts
Thanks Meter: 299

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
This Xposed module enables gesture unlock for Lollipop and Marshmallow devices . The gesture unlock is highly customizable, from changing colours to visibility, error messages, background, etc. You can even hide the emergency button.

What's more, you can use gestures to directly open specific shortcuts from the lockscreen, for example use U to unlock, W to open WhatsApp, M for email, etc. These shortcuts don't have to be just apps, they can be anything on your device, like Direct Dial, open a specific Contact, etc.

The module is pretty self explanatory, and will prompt you to set a pattern on the lock screen, because that is what it replaces. Other than that, there are no specific instructions to use it. Should the module or Xposed be disabled for any reason, your phone will still remain secure with that pattern.

The only caveats are because of the way Xposed works.
A. Your gestures will be visible to any one or any app on your device. No root required.
B. You need root to restart the keyguard after changing the gesture full screen option. It is not mandatory, you could manually reboot if you require. All other changes will be reflected automatically, but not this one.

Download : http://repo.xposed.info/module/me.rijul.gestureunlock
Source code : https://github.com/Rijul-Ahuja/GestureUnlock/

Compatibility :
I personally test on CM13, and I will support CM12.0, CM12.1, AOSP 5.x and 6.0.x and derivatives. HTC support is limited unless I find a tester. Support for other OEM ROMs is absent beyond basic working functionality.
Last edited by Rijul.A; 20th March 2016 at 10:18 AM.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Rijul.A For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rijul.A Ad-Free

3rd March 2016, 10:40 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Delhi

More
Screenshots

Gesture entry
Gesture Entry
Custom shortcut selection
Custom Shortcuts
Some settings
Settings
More screenshots
Last edited by Rijul.A; 4th March 2016 at 01:11 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rijul.A For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rijul.A Ad-Free
3rd March 2016, 10:41 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Delhi

More
FAQ
My ROM already has gesture unlock, how is this better?
The module has a lot of customization options, like, gesture colours, gesture visibility, text visibility, show gesture correct or incorrect, show or hide emergency button and text, and even full screen gesture. You even launch custom shortcuts directly from the lock screen.

Does this work with screen off?
No, that is device specific and I can't implement it without having a device in hand, and even then, it is beyond my abilities.

Module does not work at all
Give me logcat, SystemUI.apk or any other lockscreen.apk which your device uses, I will try to implement it.

Some features, particularly emergency button related, do not work
Give me logcat, SystemUI.apk or any other lockscreen.apk which your device uses, I will try to fix it, but if it gets too difficult to manage because of your OEM ROM, it will not be done.

I am stuck on the lock screen, please help!
Long press the gesture view 3 times and draw a gesture. Your stock pattern will be restored.
Last edited by Rijul.A; 4th March 2016 at 02:39 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rijul.A For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rijul.A Ad-Free
3rd March 2016, 10:41 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Delhi

More
Changelog
- Fix unlocking lag, provide message if show gesture correct is on
- Don't show gesture entry if in call
- Improve show gesture correct / error when entry is disabled / enabled

Older versions

- Better color handling
- Fix NPE in About
- String update
- Better emergency button handling
- Now auto reloads the preferences upon change
- More preferences (colours, full screen, gesture score, directly show entry)
- Removed shortcut delete option as it didn't work
- Update links
- Initial release
Last edited by Rijul.A; 5th March 2016 at 03:34 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rijul.A For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rijul.A Ad-Free
3rd March 2016, 10:41 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Delhi

More
Reserved 4
3rd March 2016, 10:42 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Delhi

More
Please ignore this post
Tags : gesture lock screen exposed xposed xda tuesday unlock draw swipe full screen fullscreen lockscreen shortcut custom quick launch pattern pin protected pinned authentication dual two factor rijul ahuja
Last edited by Rijul.A; 6th March 2016 at 07:33 PM.
4th March 2016, 02:13 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 187

Donate to Me
More
working well, thanks so much
4th March 2016, 02:22 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi again. I disabled the knock code module as you said and it worked. However, i noticed that there's something wrong with the gesture entry. I feel like it's not working as it should. Sometimes the gesture gets recognised from the first attempt sometimes it requires multiple attempts. I don't know if it's something from my side but the gesture entry feels so laggy and not working properly.
The Following User Says Thank You to prestodigiti For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift prestodigiti Ad-Free
4th March 2016, 07:57 AM |#9  
Flag Noida
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Great work. One thing, it just feels a little slow.

Sent from a Device using an App!
4th March 2016, 10:16 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Delhi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prestodigiti

Hi again. I disabled the knock code module as you said and it worked. However, i noticed that there's something wrong with the gesture entry. I feel like it's not working as it should. Sometimes the gesture gets recognised from the first attempt sometimes it requires multiple attempts. I don't know if it's something from my side but the gesture entry feels so laggy and not working properly.

Try reducing the minimum prediction score? I didn't face this at all. A little more information will do good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyaginator

Great work. One thing, it just feels a little slow.

What feels slow? Some things may lag because of the automatic preference reloader, try a reboot?
4th March 2016, 10:21 AM |#11  
Flag Noida
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rijul.A

What feels slow? Some things may lag because of the automatic preference reloader, try a reboot?

I mean its slow as compared to knock code, it takes a bit more time to unlock, haven't tried reboot just did a keyguard restart. I'll try doing a reboot.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)