Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,783,129 Members 45,900 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Xposed][MOD][4.0+] XDictionary - Quick Dictionary Search Button

Tip us?

soumitpl48
Old
(Last edited by soumitpl48; 14th August 2014 at 09:23 AM.)
Thanks Meter 11
Deleted

A junior member on XDA doesn't necessarily equals to a Noob. Well, not always...

showofdeth
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Far too many crashes. Shame too because this is one of those beautifully simple tweaks everyone should have. Nice try but in it's present condition it really isn't practical or even usable 9 times out of 10.
The Following User Says Thank You to showofdeth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ubigred
Old
Thanks Meter 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by showofdeth View Post
Far too many crashes. Shame too because this is one of those beautifully simple tweaks everyone should have. Nice try but in it's present condition it really isn't practical or even usable 9 times out of 10.
Definitely agree. Doesn't work 10/10 times for me

Sent from my SGNote 3

perseus0807
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by showofdeth View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubigred View Post
Definitely agree. Doesn't work 10/10 times for me

Sent from my SGNote 3
I agree too - unfortunately, thanks to university exams and work commitments, I've had to put the project on hold this month. I intend to eventually (by September, ideally) shift the button to the contextual action bar - it ought to fix a majority of the bugs people seem to have.

Also - if somebody could drop some suggestions as to where I could host the dictionary data for download, it'd make installation a lot simpler. I'm aware that that's unfortunately one of the biggest problems right now.

Cheers, and I'm glad you liked the idea!

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Free mobile app

skywalker6705
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Love the idea, deeply. Hope this doesn't get abandoned as it would be supremely useful for foreign languages like Japanese, etc.

You could even just have it call a specific url for definitions and launch a xhalofloatingwindow to show the search result on it. That would theoretically make adding multiple language dictionary support a non issue.

vijay.alapati
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Love this app.... Small request.... Can you also add a feature to listen to the directed word. What to learn some pronunciations

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

ubigred
Old
Thanks Meter 174
Any updates?

Sent from my SGNote 3

Tags
android, dictionary, xposed