FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

YourTube - Change the default YouTube pane

6,234 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,690

By GermainZ, Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer / XDA Portal Team on 2nd June 2014, 10:40 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
12th December 2015, 10:34 PM |#611  
Flag Malaga
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermainZ

What does this module do?

• Change the default YouTube pane. Choose from: What To Watch, My Subscriptions, Watch Later, custom playlist/subscriptions and Browse Channels.
  • Change the maximum default YouTube stream resolution.
  • (Experimental) Override device compatibility checks for higher resolutions. More info.

The "Playlist"/"Subscription" preferences require you to input an ID. You can get that from the YouTube URL:Note that you need to kill (not only exit) the YouTube app for the settings to take effect.

Originally requested here: http://www.reddit.com/r/xposed/comme...subscriptions/

Requirements:
Source code:
https://github.com/GermainZ/YourTube

Download:
http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.germainz.yourtube

Feature Requests:
If they fall within the scope of this module (see first paragraph; basically: customize defaults,) requests are welcome. Other requests will probably be ignored if asked here, please use the appropriate thread for that.
Features that are accessible via YouTube premium features (e.g. Music Key) will never get added. This includes background playback and video downloading.

Changelog:

• rovo89 for the Xposed Framework.

XDA:DevDB Information
YourTube, Xposed for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
GermainZ, dimm0k
Source Code: https://github.com/GermainZ/YourTube

Xposed Package Name: com.germainz.yourtube

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.2.14
Stable Release Date: 2015-04-16

Created 2015-03-13
Last Updated 2015-04-21

Update the app please!

Enviado desde mi Meizu M2 desde tapatalk.

14th December 2015, 06:53 AM |#612  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 402

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erderbi

Update the app please!

Enviado desde mi Meizu M2 desde tapatalk.

Please start reading the thread and stop quoting the OP...
The Following User Says Thank You to Forsaked For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Forsaked Ad-Free
15th January 2016, 03:59 PM |#613  
OP Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer / XDA Portal Team

More
Update:

Default quality: I spent a few hours yesterday and today working on this, and don't expect to have a working solution without putting at least another day or two. Unfortunately, I don't have time for this as it's not worth it -- I'd rather spend my time on other projects that don't involve obfuscated code and constant updating. The key issue here is that it's not just another day or two to get YourTube working, it's another day or two every few YouTube updates (with a few hours in between for every "minor" YouTube update) for next to no gain (see below).

I was ranting on IRC a few minutes ago about YouTube and brainstorming with some friends, and one of them let me know about OGYouTube being recently updated with default quality/screen options (it's also updated to support YouTube 10.45.53).
This looks like a good alternative to current YourTube users as it apparently supports all of YourTube's features, though it doesn't seem to be open source if you want check the source code or build it yourself.

Default pane status: I didn't take a look at this for the above reasons. That being said, I got a PM a month ago and someone else got this working. I'll check back with them and see if that's still the case if there's any interest.

YourTube's future: for the reasons above, YourTube development is probably going to stop (not that it's been that active for the last ~9 months anyway). Of course, you can continue using it with the supported YouTube version if you prefer. Otherwise, OGYouTube looks like a perfect alternative.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GermainZ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GermainZ Ad-Free
15th January 2016, 05:28 PM |#614  
Flag Salé
Thanks Meter: 772

More
Sorry but OG youtube is not the same,
Stock youtube app with yourtube module is far better!
Thanks for you're efforts anyways.
The Following User Says Thank You to Midomad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Midomad Ad-Free
15th January 2016, 06:57 PM |#615  
OP Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer / XDA Portal Team

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midomad

Sorry but OG youtube is not the same,
Stock youtube app with yourtube module is far better!
Thanks for you're efforts anyways.

Reading the thread/checking the screenshots, it's the stock YouTube app, only modified. It's not a third party app. The only real difference seems to be the installation procedure, which is a bit more involved.
4th February 2016, 04:09 AM |#616  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermainZ

Reading the thread/checking the screenshots, it's the stock YouTube app, only modified. It's not a third party app. The only real difference seems to be the installation procedure, which is a bit more involved.

OgYoutube has Chromecast issues tho
15th February 2016, 09:53 AM |#617  
Flag NoiDa

More
Didn't work on Note II
3rd May 2016, 11:55 AM |#618  

More
Plz update for newer version of YouTube.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)