Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,629 Members 41,403 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Problem installing Xposed since 2.6.1

Tip us?
 
sutobe
Old
(Last edited by sutobe; 21st May 2014 at 03:19 PM.)
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 46
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default Problem installing Xposed since 2.6.1

Hey

I tried to update Xposed FW from 2.60 to 2.61 and when I tried to install the app_process and XposedBridge.jar files via the Framework menu it takes forever and then a notifiation pops up saying I should make sure my phone is rooted and shell commands aren't blocked.


I did nothing to the phone since the last update to 2.60 and every other Xposed update before worked.

I have a rooted Nexus 5 and SUper SU 1.97

Super SU doesn't show a request to approve Xposed rights.

I tried to install an older version of Xposed but that doesnt work.

I cleared the cache of xposed fw and uninstalled, then reinstalled it with several reboots in between. Nothing works.

It keeps saysing xposed is not activated, I should root my phone and that's it.

How can I force SuperSU to ask for root rights for xposed?

Thanks

EDIT: Just saw in the SuperSU log file that it says I need Super SU Pro for Xposed Framework???
 
GermainZ
Old
#2  
GermainZ's Avatar
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5598
Posts: 4,951
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sutobe View Post
I tried to update Xposed FW from 2.60 to 2.61 and when I tried to install the app_process and XposedBridge.jar files via the Framework menu it takes forever and then a notifiation pops up saying I should make sure my phone is rooted and shell commands aren't blocked.
Open SuperSU, find "Xposed Installer" and make sure it's set to grant root access. You can also try tapping on "Forget" and you should get asked next time you try to install the framework.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sutobe View Post
EDIT: Just saw in the SuperSU log file that it says I need Super SU Pro for Xposed Framework???
That's just to see a detailed log.
 
sutobe
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 46
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermainZ View Post
Open SuperSU, find "Xposed Installer" and make sure it's set to grant root access. You can also try tapping on "Forget" and you should get asked next time you try to install the framework.

That's just to see a detailed log.

The Problem was SuperSU 1.97.

It seems as the phone will lose root with this version (what would make sense then). In the 1.97 announcement post of Chainfire on Google+ was another comment to version 1.98 which fixes the root loss issue (meanwhile SuperSU is already version 1.99).

Xposed is working again after updating SuperSU.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes