No registration required

[QQ] Install backup after ROM update

OP Taomyn

21st June 2014, 01:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 95

648 posts
More
After upgrading to Android 4.4.4 I noticed during the re-enbabling of Xposed it said something like, "backup already exists".

Does this mean it didn't back up again or it overwrote it? I don't know if 4.4.4 updated the executable replaced by Xposed but I'd like to know if the backup I do have now is of the correct version for 4.4.4 and not the previous backup from 4.4.3 (the date stamp of 1970 doesn't help).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
21st June 2014, 01:17 PM   |  #2  
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 14,910

2,383 posts
More
Are you talking about OTA? Did you have to uninstall Xposed first? Because that would remove the backup. If you didn't have to uninstall Xposed before and the version numbers were still green afterwards, then app_process wasn't part of the OTA update. I had a quick look at hammerhead-KTU84P-from-KTU84M.c08cce45.zip and indeed it doesn't include a patch file for app_process.
The Following User Says Thank You to rovo89 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st June 2014, 02:15 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 95

648 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovo89

Are you talking about OTA? Did you have to uninstall Xposed first? Because that would remove the backup. If you didn't have to uninstall Xposed before and the version numbers were still green afterwards, then app_process wasn't part of the OTA update. I had a quick look at hammerhead-KTU84P-from-KTU84M.c08cce45.zip and indeed it doesn't include a patch file for app_process.

Yes the OTA but I sideloaded it with adb. I didn't do anything with Xposed before the update, which in hindsight was dumb, but if the file wasn't updated by the OTA I suppose I'm ok.

All Xposed said was that it wasn't running and to install/update and reboot, which I did.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread