Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,311 Members 48,616 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[QQ] Install backup after ROM update

Tip us?

Taomyn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 84
Default [QQ] Install backup after ROM update

After upgrading to Android 4.4.4 I noticed during the re-enbabling of Xposed it said something like, "backup already exists".

Does this mean it didn't back up again or it overwrote it? I don't know if 4.4.4 updated the executable replaced by Xposed but I'd like to know if the backup I do have now is of the correct version for 4.4.4 and not the previous backup from 4.4.3 (the date stamp of 1970 doesn't help).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Nexus 5 32GB (KK 4.4.4)
Transformer TF101 32GB + UK Dock (KK 4.4.4: KatKiss-KitKat #033)
Asteroid Smart (GB 2.3.7: v2.1.9)

rovo89
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 13914
Are you talking about OTA? Did you have to uninstall Xposed first? Because that would remove the backup. If you didn't have to uninstall Xposed before and the version numbers were still green afterwards, then app_process wasn't part of the OTA update. I had a quick look at hammerhead-KTU84P-from-KTU84M.c08cce45.zip and indeed it doesn't include a patch file for app_process.
Tired of updating your mod for every new ROM release?
You want give users the possibility to combine different mods without creating tons of different files for all possible combinations?
Then have a look at my Xposed framework - modifications without APK changes!
The Following User Says Thank You to rovo89 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Taomyn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovo89 View Post
Are you talking about OTA? Did you have to uninstall Xposed first? Because that would remove the backup. If you didn't have to uninstall Xposed before and the version numbers were still green afterwards, then app_process wasn't part of the OTA update. I had a quick look at hammerhead-KTU84P-from-KTU84M.c08cce45.zip and indeed it doesn't include a patch file for app_process.
Yes the OTA but I sideloaded it with adb. I didn't do anything with Xposed before the update, which in hindsight was dumb, but if the file wasn't updated by the OTA I suppose I'm ok.

All Xposed said was that it wasn't running and to install/update and reboot, which I did.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Nexus 5 32GB (KK 4.4.4)
Transformer TF101 32GB + UK Dock (KK 4.4.4: KatKiss-KitKat #033)
Asteroid Smart (GB 2.3.7: v2.1.9)