Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,124 Members 45,605 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Request] Use Gesture/Swipe on Status Bar to adjust volume

Tip us?

TheTAMAS
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Lightbulb [Request] Use Gesture/Swipe on Status Bar to adjust volume

Let me start by apologizing if this isn't the right place to request for mods

I tried looking for a place that's assigned for requests, but I couldn't find it. I'm sorry

So let me get on with my request, which will benefit most if not all

The title pretty much explains what I am requesting for just a bit of additional info here.

Xblast Tools has the option to choose 4 actions on Status Bar but it doesn't currently provides an option to toggle volume level.

GravityBox [KK] provides an option to swipe across the Status Bar to change brightness level but again, there's no option to do so to volume.

I'm not even a noob to programming but by the looks of it, it seems like a pretty doable thing to me
Excuse me if that's not the case :|

I mean, think of the comfort it will add..
For instance, you're watching YouTube or whatever and you just need to scroll left/right on the status bar to adjust the volume level

Another instance can be, you receive your BF/GF's call at an unexpected time and you quickly have to reduce volume to save the voice reaching your parents
OK, one more instance, I can think of, your fingers are all messed up and in those times, you just need to swipe across the status bar with the back of your finger

Lastly, it'll save the hardware keys too

Please.. Please.. Make it possible someone.. You guys are able accomplish much difficult things here.. Please..

TheTAMAS
Old
(Last edited by TheTAMAS; 28th May 2014 at 09:13 PM.) Reason: just wanted to remove the space to correctly display the mod's name
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Wink Fyki..

I know of this module here-
http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.g...tatusbarvolume
Created by XDA member niko001

It's called the StatusBarVolume; but that's something different and needs hardware keys to adjust volume.
It makes the volume slider appear above the Status Bar which is a too!

I'm posting it here, to avoid people pointing me towards this mod and I also hope, it might be something some people might be interested in.

Please hit Thanks if I helped you

TheTAMAS
Old
(Last edited by TheTAMAS; 28th May 2014 at 09:13 PM.) Reason: removed the please hit thanks line
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Smile Eureka..

OK guys, update..

I found a way to do so..

Try Status Bar gestures in this mod..

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...turenavigation
Created by XDA Senior Member FemBlack
Skip typing - hit instead..

It's a Bird.. It's a Plane.. It's
The Following User Says Thank You to TheTAMAS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TheTAMAS
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Cool wo.0t

Guys! I ended up creating a great blend.

Just install both the mods mentioned in Post #2 and Post #3 to have a fabulous outcome.

StatusBarVolume will bring the volume slider appear as an overlay on Status Bar
while Gesture Navigation will enable you to change volume by swiping left/right on the Status Bar to adjust the volume level down/up.
StatusBarVolume mod doesn't support changing volume by swiping over the Status Bar; it just makes it appear over it, while Gesture Navigation won't make the volume slider appear over the Status Bar; it can just enable you to change volume level by swiping over the Status Bar.
I hope, I could make you understand what I mean

Give it a try for yourself and..
Skip typing - hit instead..

It's a Bird.. It's a Plane.. It's

rovo89
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 13693
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTAMAS View Post
Let me start by apologizing if this isn't the right place to request for mods

I tried looking for a place that's assigned for requests, but I couldn't find it. I'm sorry
It's mentioned in the sticky thread with the title "[Read before posting] Module-specific questions/requests do NOT belong here!". Thread closed.
Tired of updating your mod for every new ROM release?
You want give users the possibility to combine different mods without creating tons of different files for all possible combinations?
Then have a look at my Xposed framework - modifications without APK changes!
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe