Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,098 Members 46,977 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Settings indicator for modules with settings in Xposed Installer

Tip us?

pyler
Old
(Last edited by pyler; 26th June 2014 at 01:28 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 287
Default Settings indicator for modules with settings in Xposed Installer

Hi,

Some Xposed modules have own settings. If it has <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />, it shows in launcher.

But I developed small module called QuickPic2Gallery -http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.pyler.quickpic2gallery. It has own settings but since "you set it once and you are done", I use for Settings <category android:name="de.robv.android.xposed.category.MODU LE_SETTINGS" />, so it doesnt show in launcher.

But I realize that there is UI problem. User don't know if module provide additional settings when you go to Modules tab in Xposed Installer. You need to click on module to see if there is Launch UI option (or long click on module)

I think the best solution here will be small settings icon in module textview to indicate additional settings.

rovo89
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 13663
Good idea. Feel free to create a GitHub issue on the Xposed Installer project as a reminder.
Tired of updating your mod for every new ROM release?
You want give users the possibility to combine different mods without creating tons of different files for all possible combinations?
Then have a look at my Xposed framework - modifications without APK changes!

pyler
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovo89 View Post
Good idea. Feel free to create a GitHub issue on the Xposed Installer project as a reminder.
Done