Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,313 Members 48,774 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] soft reboot activity/intent for tasker

Tip us?

shmizan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Default [Q] soft reboot activity/intent for tasker

Hi,
I love the idea of soft-rebooting my device.
I'd like to be able to schedule a soft-reboot using tasker and the xposed framework installer,
is there a known intent or activity that can issue a soft-reboot command present in the xposed installer?
thanks

Tungstwenty
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4,380

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmizan View Post
Hi,
I love the idea of soft-rebooting my device.
I'd like to be able to schedule a soft-reboot using tasker and the xposed framework installer,
is there a known intent or activity that can issue a soft-reboot command present in the xposed installer?
thanks
IMO you shouldn't resort to an internal mechanism of an app (XposedInstaller or other) to do the soft reboot, but rather something like either a self-contained Tasker action (which I know nothing about) or an app explicitly prepared to be invoked through intents to achieve things like that. AFAIR the internal methods used by XposedInstaller aren't exposed outside the app, i..e the intent you're looking for doesn't exist.

At best you can check how it does it (these 2 setprop shell commands, running as root) and see how you can configure Tasker to execute them on a shell.

Device: Xperia Z (C6603)
ROM: Stock 4.4.2 10.5.A.0.230
Locked bootloader, rooted, XZDualRecovery
Retired device: Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100)

My threads that you might find useful:

SUPERCOMPUTER: what it sounded like before you bought it
The Following User Says Thank You to Tungstwenty For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shmizan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Hey, thanks a lot for your informative post!
searched through the internet for a soft-reboot app or script I could run, found nothing.
what you posted works perfectly, thanks again!