- @rovo89 is the creator of the Xposed framework
- This is a derivative work posted with his permission
This also means the following statements are true:
- I have only worked to bring the Xposed framework to Android 5.1
- I have only worked to bring systemless support to Xposed on Android 5.1 and 6.0
- I have not rewritten the framework from scratch
With that said, I present to you my first unofficial release of Xposed for Android 5.1/6.0. It is my hope that ultimately my changes can be reviewed and an official release posted. But first, the bugs must be squashed! I've written a few Xposed modules that work fine but by posting this unofficial release, I hope to expand my audience of module writers and testers.
How To Test
- You must be on Android 5.1/6.0. It will NOT work on Android 5.0 (too many changes to ART).
- You should have a working recovery.
- If you left the Xposed app installed from Android 5.0, you should disable all modules before installing this framework. Busted modules may keep you from booting after installation otherwise.
- I will need Xposed logs (and possibly logcats) to debug any issues. Remember, if your device won't boot after installation, its likely you can reboot to recovery and still grab the Xposed log (assuming Zygote started). It will be in /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/log as error.log or error.log.old.
- Devices with very little free space on /system may have trouble installing. Systemless installations are recommended if your device is supported. Non-systemless installs should be a last resort.
First, I'm going to shamelessly point you to the original Xposed for Lollipop thread. Why? Because I want you to read it. This release hardly differs from that one. And maybe, just maybe, it'll save some unnecessary private messages.
- Did you read the original Xposed for Lollipop/Marshmallow thread?
- xposed-v??-sdk2?-*.zip - Must be flashed with a custom recovery to install the framework.
- xposed-uninstaller-*.zip - Can be flashed with a custom recovery to uninstall the framework.
- XposedInstaller_3.0-alpha*.apk - Must be installed to manage installed modules.
Use the correct platform and SDK version for your device. Google your device or look in build.prop if you're not sure.
Can't find some of the downloads? Surprise! They're in the original Xposed for Lollipop thread. They're unchanged, so there's no need to post them here too.
It would be incredibly useful to me for people to test the framework in the smallest "units" possible at first. By "unit" I mean things such as "resource replacement", "method replacement", "before method hooks", "after method hooks", etc. It doesn't do me a lot of good to know that some huge, complicated module causes system_server to crash without understanding at what level that's happening. This is actually what held me back from releasing. I have some test modules to use, but I don't have infinite time to write test modules, test the framework, etc.
For discussions, please use this thread or another matching one in this subforum. For historical discussion, please search this thread.
Downloads available here: