Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,899 Members 49,634 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Issue using XPosed in LG G3

Tip us?

bartito
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1093

DONATE TO ME
Default Issue using XPosed in LG G3

Hi,
Using XPOSED v. 2.7-exp1 in my LG G3 and I hve issues when I try to edit a contact.

Code:
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): Process: com.android.contacts, PID: 685
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: length=12; index=-1
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:310)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at com.android.contacts.editor.EventFieldEditorView.initialize(EventFieldEditorView.java:726)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at com.android.contacts.editor.EventFieldEditorView.setValues(EventFieldEditorView.java:265)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at com.android.contacts.editor.KindSectionView.createEditorView(KindSectionView.java:328)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at com.android.contacts.editor.KindSectionView.rebuildFromState(KindSectionView.java:251)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at com.android.contacts.editor.KindSectionView.setState(KindSectionView.java:200)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at com.android.contacts.editor.RawContactEditorView.setState(RawContactEditorView.java:430)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at com.android.contacts.editor.ContactEditorFragment.bindEditors(ContactEditorFragment.java:1296)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at com.android.contacts.editor.ContactEditorFragment.bindEditorsForExistingContact(ContactEditorFragment.java:814)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at com.android.contacts.editor.ContactEditorFragment.setData(ContactEditorFragment.java:772)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at com.android.contacts.editor.ContactEditorFragment$17.onLoadFinished(ContactEditorFragment.java:3731)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at com.android.contacts.editor.ContactEditorFragment$17.onLoadFinished(ContactEditorFragment.java:3701)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at android.app.LoaderManagerImpl$LoaderInfo.callOnLoadFinished(LoaderManager.java:483)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at android.app.LoaderManagerImpl$LoaderInfo.onLoadComplete(LoaderManager.java:451)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at android.content.Loader.deliverResult(Loader.java:144)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at com.android.contacts.ContactLoader.deliverResult(ContactLoader.java:1328)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at com.android.contacts.ContactLoader.deliverResult(ContactLoader.java:83)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at android.content.AsyncTaskLoader.dispatchOnLoadComplete(AsyncTaskLoader.java:265)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at android.content.AsyncTaskLoader$LoadTask.onPostExecute(AsyncTaskLoader.java:92)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at android.os.AsyncTask.finish(AsyncTask.java:632)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at android.os.AsyncTask.access$600(AsyncTask.java:177)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at android.os.AsyncTask$InternalHandler.handleMessage(AsyncTask.java:645)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:136)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5118)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:515)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:794)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:610)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.main(XposedBridge.java:132)
E/AndroidRuntime(  685): 	at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
W/ActivityManager( 1201):   Force finishing activity com.android.contacts/.activities.ContactEditorActivity
Phone model: LG G3 (due to locked bootloader: do not buy it if you like tinkering)

Twitter: @matrixppc

Download my Android Apps

bartito
Old
Thanks Meter 1093

DONATE TO ME
Tried to reboot with all modules deactivated and the issue persist.
Phone model: LG G3 (due to locked bootloader: do not buy it if you like tinkering)

Download my Android Apps

bartito
Old
Thanks Meter 1093

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermainZ View Post
That error doesn't seem to be related to Xposed. Does it still happen after uninstalling Xposed and rebooting?
The issue has don't ocurrered while i'm configuring my phone, before activate the xposed.
No apps installed after enable the great piece of software and xposed is related in the exception stack

Download my Android Apps

GermainZ
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5643
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartito View Post
The issue has don't ocurrered while i'm configuring my phone, before activate the xposed.
No apps installed after enable the great piece of software and xposed is related in the exception stack
No, that last line doesn't indicate the issue is related to Xposed. It only means Xposed is installed. Actually, you'll see it in any stack trace.

So, again, please remove Xposed and test again.

bartito
Old
(Last edited by bartito; 7th July 2014 at 08:29 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1093

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermainZ View Post
No, that last line doesn't indicate the issue is related to Xposed. It only means Xposed is installed. Actually, you'll see it in any stack trace.

So, again, please remove Xposed and test again.
Ok,
Uninstalled XPosed.
Rebooted the device
Enter contacts
Edit a contact.
NO ERRORS

Reinstalled XPosed
Disabled modules (I only use a module)
Rebooted the device
Enter contacts
Edit a contact
FC IS HERE

Open XPosed
Enabled the module (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...i.g3_tweaksbox)
Rebooted the device
Enter contacts
Edit a contact
FC IS HERE

Note that the issue occurs only when I edit a contact. Not when I create a new contact.

Download my Android Apps

Uvaavu
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Can edit contacts fine on my G3, with many modules enabled (including G3 Tweakbox), so i suspect its a conflict with something else you have installed.

Note: I'm using Xposed Version "2.7 experimental1" which include app_process 58 and XposedBridge.jar 54.

Quote:
Ok,
Uninstalled XPosed.
Rebooted the device
Enter contacts
Edit a contact.
NO ERRORS

Reinstalled XPosed
Disabled modules (I only use a module)
Rebooted the device
Enter contacts
Edit a contact
FC IS HERE

Open XPosed
Enabled the module (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...i.g3_tweaksbox)
Rebooted the device
Enter contacts
Edit a contact
FC IS HERE

Note that the issue occurs only when I edit a contact. Not when I create a new contact.
Current: LG G3 D855 w/ Xposed Mods & Nook HD+ CM 11
History: SDA > SDA2 US > HD2 > Wildfire > Galaxy S II > EVO 3D > Galaxy S III > Xperia Z1 > LG G3

rovo89
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 13672
That sounds strange... you're sure you editing exactly the same contact and everything? As mentioned by GermainZ, there's no indication in the log that this would be related to Xposed.
Tired of updating your mod for every new ROM release?
You want give users the possibility to combine different mods without creating tons of different files for all possible combinations?
Then have a look at my Xposed framework - modifications without APK changes!

bartito
Old
Thanks Meter 1093

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovo89 View Post
That sounds strange... you're sure you editing exactly the same contact and everything? As mentioned by GermainZ, there's no indication in the log that this would be related to Xposed.
Hi
The issue occurs when editing all the contacts, not for new contacts.
Really isn't a problem. I can edit my contacts using desktop interface.
Note: just updated the rom a few minutes ago. Xposed says app_process isnt installed and xposed_bridge version is 54, but issue persists.
Thanks

Download my Android Apps

rovo89
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 13672
Quote:
Note: just updated the rom a few minutes ago. Xposed says app_process isnt installed and xposed_bridge version is 54, but issue persists.
If (the patched) app_process really isn't installed, then it would mean that Xposed definitely can't be the culprit, because it wouldn't be active... Is Xposed still mentioned at the bottom of the stack trace?
Tired of updating your mod for every new ROM release?
You want give users the possibility to combine different mods without creating tons of different files for all possible combinations?
Then have a look at my Xposed framework - modifications without APK changes!