Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,194 Members 52,023 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Xposed on Zenfone 5

Tip us?

hearthacker
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Xposed on Zenfone 5

Hi,

Since the Zenfone is fairly new, I was wondering if there was a way to run Xposed modules on the zenfone 5 without rooting.

If not, then how do I root my zenfone 5?

thanks!
~Nick

GermainZ
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6,400
The Xposed Installer requires root to install the framework.As to how to root your phone, I'd start by searching XDA and checking your device's forum. If that doesn't help, try asking in your device's Q&A section, or the Android Q&A section.

quyvinh
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Root MUST be done. USB debug turned on. Windows only and Driver for Intel and ASUS must be ready on PC.
Step1: download xposed apk and install the apk. DO NOT RUN APP AND DO NOT INSTALL FRAMEWORK.
Step2: Rn command promt (Run / cmd). assume adb folder is on C:\ drive and you are now in C:\ADB
Step 3: Type following (or copy and paste)
adb devices (make sure your phone show!)
adb shell (hit Enter)
su (hit Enter, then look on your phone and touch OK)
echo 148 > /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/jit_reset_offset (hit Enter)
chmod 664 /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/jit_reset_offset (hit Enter)

Step4: Now go to app drawer and run Xposed which you installed earlier. Touch "Framework" and touch "Install/Update"
DONE. Now install addons.
Asus Zenfone 5, Intel Z2580 2GHz, 2GB Ram, 16GB Rom, 64GB Sandisk SDxC. RooTED. Initial SKU device CN -> now WW on 1.16.40.50
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-i317 AT&T with AWS enabled for T-Mobile, RooTED, on Kitkat.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 GT-5110. RooTED, on Kitkat.

hristcroixqwerty
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by quyvinh View Post
Root MUST be done. USB debug turned on. Windows only and Driver for Intel and ASUS must be ready on PC.
Step1: download xposed apk and install the apk. DO NOT RUN APP AND DO NOT INSTALL FRAMEWORK.
Step2: Rn command promt (Run / cmd). assume adb folder is on C:\ drive and you are now in C:\ADB
Step 3: Type following (or copy and paste)
adb devices (make sure your phone show!)
adb shell (hit Enter)
su (hit Enter, then look on your phone and touch OK)
echo 148 > /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/jit_reset_offset (hit Enter)
chmod 664 /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/jit_reset_offset (hit Enter)

Step4: Now go to app drawer and run Xposed which you installed earlier. Touch "Framework" and touch "Install/Update"
DONE. Now install addons.
Why is this not working for me.. in the part where you use echo and chmod, it always say "directory/file doesn't exist" HELP PLEASE!

tiendatts
Old
Thanks Meter 1
1. Download and install Intel USB driver for Android http://www.fshare.vn/file/TDQMT8YQ2T/
2. Download and extract ADB Fastboot Tool http://www.fshare.vn/file/CBR2V0ATPO/
3. Download xposed apk and install the apk (DO NOT INSTALL FRAMEWORK) http://dl-count.xposed.info/modules/...v32_de4f0d.apk
4. Open folder adb fastboot tool and hold shifl + right mouse, select Open command window here
5. type

"adb shell" (lookat the phone, touch allow or OK)
"su" (lookat the phone, touch allow or OK)
"echo 148 > /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/jit_reset_offset"
"chmod 664 /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/jit_reset_offset"

4. Open Xposed Installer and install Framework >>>>>>>reboot and enjoy
The Following User Says Thank You to tiendatts For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dewise
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hristcroixqwerty View Post
Why is this not working for me.. in the part where you use echo and chmod, it always say "directory/file doesn't exist" HELP PLEASE!
open the xposed app first, but don't do anything.. and try again

Android L Will Have Data Encryption Turned On by Default

Android L, once it is eventually released, will featuredata encryption turned on by … more

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more

Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more