Ask a question

No registration required

Xperia Z3 Compact First Impressions

OP matapo

28th September 2014, 05:13 PM   |  #111  
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 28

266 posts
I'm moving from a ZR which has 4.55 inch screen but is otherwise significantly larger than the Z3C. I think the z3c is the perfect successor for my ZR, my wife has a z1c and I'll be able to compare the 2 phones upn close.

Sent from my C5502 using Tapatalk
29th September 2014, 07:08 AM   |  #112  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 36

231 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bialynia

I'm moving from a ZR which has 4.55 inch screen but is otherwise significantly larger than the Z3C. I think the z3c is the perfect successor for my ZR, my wife has a z1c and I'll be able to compare the 2 phones upn close.

Sent from my C5502 using Tapatalk

I made exactly the same move. Good choice. The main difference I noticed immediately is battery life. Also, the phone seems more delicate than the robust and thick ZR.

Sent from my D5803 using XDA Free mobile app
29th September 2014, 09:09 AM   |  #113  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 18

140 posts
More
I just got mine today! I haven't opened the box yet. I'll do it later tonight. So excited!
29th September 2014, 01:41 PM   |  #114  
Thanks Meter: 1,076

772 posts
Donate to Me
More
Mine just got here, along with my pre-order bonus, the ZX750 bluetooth stereo headset with noise cancellation!

Wasn't really sure about the orange, not having seen it in real life, but I thought it would be better than plain black or white.
But boy, is it a nice color!

Feels really snappy (of course). Don't see the problem with the screen colors, it's bright and vibrant. Better at least than my old Xperia T.
Doesn't feel all that slippery either, with my fingers gripped around the right edge. I mostly use the phone with my left hand, though I'm right handed, because I always keep the phone in my left jeans pocket. That's why this form factor is so great, pull it out with one hand, double tap to wake and do anything with just my left thumb. It's even smaller than the Xperia S, which has a smaller screen.

Now the big question is, will I unlock the bootloader and start making custom ROMs or do I wait for an exploit to come along? Who knows how long that might be?
Although I'm a fan of Sony's UI and apps like Walkman, there's quite a lot of bloat and I really want Xposed to start changing the status and navigation bar.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread