CyanogenMod 12.1 for YU Yureka

YU Yureka recently received an official Cyanogen OS 12S update. If you prefer to use a newer revision of … more

Open War for Open Android: Antitrust for Cyanogen?

Android and openness is something we talk about all the time, but the recent … more

What Do You Do with All of Your Old Photos?

Smartphone cameras have advanced so tremendously over the past few years that they have … more

Diving into the April 2015 Material Design Update

Before the release of Android 5.0 Lollipop, the Holo Design guidelines served as the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Will the Z3C work on T-Mobile US?

13th October 2014, 10:20 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 4

52 posts
band 12 isn't going to be available for awhile. at least a year. and the coverage that you get will be whatever it is now. band 12 is the additional spectrum that they bought that they are starting to roll out. so if you have good signal where you are at, then most likely you won't feel a difference.

not sure if they check. it doesn't even specify whether you need an edu email account or not.

13th October 2014, 11:16 PM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 1

17 posts
Something to keep in mind, T-mobile is rolling out lte band 12 now and will likely have their POPs covered within a year if past performance is any indication. This may or may not be a big issue for you if you're currently getting good coverage as has been mentioned but coverage is basically the only criticism of T-Mobile which is why they're pushing real hard to roll it out. Check this story :http://www.tmonews.com/2014/07/t-mob...mhz-lte-is-go/

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by Sihle; 13th October 2014 at 11:20 PM.
13th October 2014, 11:46 PM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 30

835 posts
I normally get good reception just not on the z3c
29th January 2015, 03:33 AM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 6

73 posts
Hey all. I just read that the t-mobile full size z3 will be receiving an update to receive 700Mhz band by t-mobile. Is the capability to receive band 12 already in the z3 compact as well but just needs to be turned on with the right firmware? If so, do you think it is possible for devs to utilize the upcoming full size z3 update to turn on band 12 for our z3 compacts as well?
29th January 2015, 06:44 PM |#35  
Flag Long Island, NY
Thanks Meter: 50

228 posts
I have the D5803 and it works perfect on T-Mo USA. (NY)
30th January 2015, 10:46 PM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 32

355 posts
More
But, Band 12 will make it work even more perfectly. Really hope it's there.
2nd February 2015, 07:40 PM |#37  
Thanks Meter: 4

52 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabewithkungfugrip

Hey all. I just read that the t-mobile full size z3 will be receiving an update to receive 700Mhz band by t-mobile. Is the capability to receive band 12 already in the z3 compact as well but just needs to be turned on with the right firmware? If so, do you think it is possible for devs to utilize the upcoming full size z3 update to turn on band 12 for our z3 compacts as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAL7

But, Band 12 will make it work even more perfectly. Really hope it's there.

no we don't have that band. sony already stated the specs for our phones. we already knew the tmobile version had band 12 in the first place (it only has 3 lte bands that all support tmo vs. the normal one that has like 10 bands), it just wasn't activated because they didn't rollout the spectrum yet.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread