[SPECS] Sony Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact specification - Members Thoughts

OP ForumNinja

15th September 2014, 05:51 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 3

13 posts
More
Aren't we all still just SPECULATING?!
I've watched every "hands on" video I could find. NOT ONE shows the dialer in action. (One does show the dialer in recent apps) Isn't it logical that perhaps the tablet on display had a generic software and that the released version will not have a dialer?
Repeated attempts to confirm or deny phone capabilities have gone unanswered by Sony, so we should not yet assume it will dial.
As a Z Ultra owner myself, I hope for the function. The new Hangouts DOES make true phone capabilities not AS important, but where I live there is quite a few places where only 2G or 3G are available. Without voice function, the Z3 Tablet Compact would be next to useless for voice calls through Hangouts in these areas.
Lets hope this is truly the next Z Ultra, but FIRST, lets push for a definitive answer!
15th September 2014, 01:38 PM   |  #12  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 219

815 posts
More
I don't think they put a dialer in through some kind of "pre production software" - I have never seen something like that, for example when the Z2 Tablet was launched. In the whitepaper, talk time is specified:

Talk time (GSM)
Up to 19 hours**
Standby time (GSM)
Up to 1100 hours**
Talk time (UMTS)
Up to 23 hours**
Standby time (UMTS)
Up to 1300 hours**
Standby time (LTE)
Up to 1100 hours**

This is copied directly from the whitepaper here:

http://developer.sonymobile.com/down...1-white-paper/

My idea is to put it on a mobile broadband plan for Hangouts Dialer or the $30 T-Mobile 100 minutes talk/5 GB data plan. The reason why they don't show the dialer in action is mostly because "it's a tablet" - it seems like they just overlook the detail. At least, the official whitepaper clearly confirms the presence of traditional calling abilities.
21st September 2014, 05:04 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 3

13 posts
More
White paper...
The white paper for z2 tablet shows 24hrs talk time. I haven't seen a video of anyone using a dialer on it though...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread