[IMAGES] [VIDEO] Sony Xperia Z3 First Look

Search This thread

ForumNinja

Forum Editor
Aug 26, 2014
Sony Xperia Z3 First Look
attachment.php

Hey Guys and Gals:)

Sony's latest flagship is hitting the street less than six months after its predecessor. The Xperia Z3 is also similar in hardware to the Z2, is it worth the upgrade?

Sony touting improved battery management, the addition of remote PS4 play and some tweaks to the camera software, is it enough to keep people coming back? Lets break down some of the features of the Sony Xperia Z3:​

Design

The design is lighter and slimmer than the Z2, while largely similar, its more of refining the design than a whole new device. As previous versions, the Z3 features the same dust and water protection, IP65 and IP68 certification, so should be good for 30 minutes at 1.5 meters water depth. The reinforced corners and tempered glass will also help those a little accident prone.

The Z3 is available in several metallic colors black, white, copper and green.

Screen

The Z3 has basically the same screen as the Z2 a 5.2" panel with a 1,920 x 1,080 resolution. With competitors flagship's moving to QHD displays, its an odd choice. We're still unsure if if the increased resolution will make a big difference on devices with this size screen and if keeping the pixel count lower Sony has achieved its claims on battery life. If you're happy with the Z2's screen, this should suit.

Hardware

Despite the Z3 being only having marginal improvements over its predecessor, it still packs a punch. Powered along by a 2.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor as found in the Galaxy S5, and is backed up with 3GB of RAM. As with most flagship devices, it has the usual array of connectivity options including 4G, NFC, Wi-Fi and low-energy Bluetooth 4.0. The Z3 also sports stereo speakers, so audio output should be enough for those quick youtube moments.

The camera is the same seen in the Z2 with a 20.7 MP sensor, thought some software improvements have been added. A 25mm G lens for wider, clearer shots has been included and the cameras ISO rating has been upgraded. With 4K video recording also available, this is an appealing package.

Software

Here is the Z3's main party feature, PS4 remote Play! For some this may be the deal breaker, and it is appealing having fully fledged console gaming on a mobile device (for those who dont own a PSVita) Sony has made available a smart looking attachment for the PS controller, so the Z series devices can be mounted above for a full mobile gaming experience. This is a most welcomed add-on, personally i don't get on with on-screen controllers, you just cant beat the feel of real buttons:cool: Lets hope one of the community's fantastic devs can port this bad boy to other devices:good::highfive:

Sony has also introduce the lifelog service to its latest devices, this is a fitness and well-being application. Lifelog uses the Z3's sensors along with other wearable's (Smartwatch 3) to collect data on distances covered, calories burnt, workout intensity and steps taken etc. Its a nice touch for those who own other Sony devices.

Battery Life

This is where Sony claims to of upgraded the Z3, despite having a lower rated battery 3100mAh over 3200mAh, Sony have worked on the power management and now claim the Z3 will last a full 2 days over the Z2's 1.4. We have yet to see if these claims are true, so looking forward to members experiences on this.

Now lets take a look at a video hands on:​

Hands On Video:

Credits: The Gadget Experts​

Image Gallery:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Image Credits: stuff.tv​

Attachments

• sony-xperia-z3.jpg
    sony-xperia-z3.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 3,806
  • sony-z3-apps-1.jpg
    sony-z3-apps-1.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 3,923
  • sony-z3-battery-1.jpg
    sony-z3-battery-1.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 4,429
  • sony-z3-camera-1.jpg
    sony-z3-camera-1.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 4,414
  • sony-z3-front_0.jpg
    sony-z3-front_0.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 4,409
  • sony-z3-sim-slot.jpg
    sony-z3-sim-slot.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 4,348
  • z3-audio.jpg
    z3-audio.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 4,363
  • z3-side-view.jpg
    z3-side-view.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 4,319
  • z3-top-jack.jpg
    z3-top-jack.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 4,397
Last edited:

danghuong18

Sep 26, 2013
MOD EDIT: Please do not quote the whole OP!

Wow. Sony Xperia Z3 very beautifull. But the specs unfortunately not too different from the Xperia Z2

Last edited by a moderator:

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
I guess Z3 is all the Z2 should have been from the beginning.

Z4 will be all Z2 should be...